- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin HD-28E Standard Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #L00332 0000010002173328 L003320000010002173328
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Famous for its legendary full-bodied tone and volume, the Martin HD-28 has been the industry standard since 1931. Martin’s “Golden Era” of dreadnough...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Legendary tone paired with contemporary feature comforts.
Famous for its legendary full-bodied tone and volume, the Martin HD-28 has been the industry standard since 1931. Martin’s “Golden Era” of dreadnought guitars is prized for their rich tone, color, and expressiveness. One main reason is the bracing pattern. Manufactured from 1931 to 1939, Martin dreadnoughts, such as the D-18 and the D-28, had a forwarded-shifted, scalloped X-bracing pattern. This “Golden Era” bracing pattern gave the Martin dreadnought guitars a very unique and identifiable tone. Highly prized for the clarity on the high end, and a punchy, defined bass, musicians and collectors soon realized that these instruments were unique and highly collectible. No other acoustic guitar had the Martin tone, and as a result everyone wanted one.
Today, you can find that same vintage tone of the 1930s combined with the playability of a modern guitar in this HD-28E Standard Dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar. When creating the HD-28Em, Martin added the vintage forward-shifted scalloped X- bracing pattern to this 2018 version of the HD-28. For improved playability, the neck has been changed to feature a modified low oval neck, with a Performing Artist taper and 1-3⁄4" nut. The wider string spacing and comfortable neck profile allow a player to move up and down the neck with ease. And, unlike the more traditional acoustic guitars of the past, the 2018 HD-28E will have that vintage tone, with a feel that will be similar to that of an electric guitar.
Along with an amazing sound and feel, the 2018 HD-28E features a solid Sitka spruce top, solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, ebony bridge and fingerboard, dovetail neck joint, nitrocellulose lacquer, classic herringbone inlay, diamonds and square fingerboard inlay pattern, antique white binding, aging toner and factory-installed Fishman Aura VT Enhanced Pickup.
Includes a a hardshell case.
Fishman Aura VT Enhanced Pickup
The 2018 HD-28E includes a factory-installed Fishman Aura VT Enhanced pickup. This revolutionary pickup amplifies the guitar exactly as you hear it. No color or distortion is added into the sound. It’s like putting a fine vintage microphone in front of the guitar. Every note will be faithfully and accurately transmitted to your mixing board or amplifier. The Enhanced feature is composed of an under-the-saddle transducer that amplifies the “transverse wave” of the sound as it passes through your guitar. In the past, you would not hear what is going on with the sound inside of the guitar. Now, you can blend the pickup with the acoustic sound of the body for addition color and depth. And if you like to rhythmically tap the top of the guitar as you play, the Enhanced pickup accurately recreates that sound as well.
- Antique white binding
- Aged toner
- Vintage Golden Era bracing pattern
- Diamonds and squares fingerboard inlay pattern
Order the modernized HD-28 today.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Forward shifted pattern 5/16" scalloped X bracing
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modified low oval with High Performance Neck Taper
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Undersaddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: East Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Nickel open geared
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.