- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin HD-28E-Z Standard Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #L00390 0000010002171096 L003900000010002171096
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Martin 2018 HD-28 epitomizes the sound of an acoustic guitar. Famous for its legendary full-bodied tone and volume, the Martin HD-28 has been an ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Classic bracing and tonewood pairing for reliable Martin tone with design elements that make it easier to play.
The Martin 2018 HD-28 epitomizes the sound of an acoustic guitar. Famous for its legendary full-bodied tone and volume, the Martin HD-28 has been an industry standard since 1931. Martin’s “Golden Era” of dreadnought guitars is prized for their rich tone, color, and expressiveness. One main reason is the bracing pattern. Manufactured from 1931 to 1939, Martin dreadnoughts, such as the D-18 and the D-28, had a forwarded-shifted, scalloped X-bracing pattern. This “Golden Era” bracing pattern gave the Martin dreadnought guitars a very unique and identifiable tone. Highly prized for the clarity on the high end, and a punchy, defined bass, musicians and collectors soon realized that these instruments were unique and highly collectible. No other acoustic guitar had the Martin tone, and as a result everyone wanted one.
Vintage Tone Meets Modern Playability
Today, you can get that vintage tone of the 1930s combined with the playability of a modern guitar in this 2018 HD-28E-Z Standard Dreadnought. Martin has given it the vintage forward-shifted scalloped X- bracing pattern, and for improved playability, the neck has been changed to feature a modified low oval neck with a Performing Artist taper and 1-3/4” nut. The wider string spacing and comfortable neck profile allow a player to move up and down the neck with ease. And, unlike the more traditional acoustic guitars of the past, the 2018 HD-28 will have that vintage tone, with a feel that will be similar to that of an electric guitar.
Along with an amazing sound and feel, the 2018 HD-28-Z features a solid Sitka spruce top, solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, ebony bridge and fingerboard, dovetail neck joint, Nitrocellulose lacquer, classic herringbone inlay, diamonds and square fingerboard inlay pattern, antique white binding and aging toner.
The HD-28-Z comes equipped with a factory-installed L.R. Baggs Anthem for a true tonal reproduction of the sound, exactly as you hear it played acoustically.
Includes molded hardshell case.
- Antique white binding
- Aging toner
- Vintage Golden Era bracing pattern
- Diamonds and squares fingerboard inlay pattern
- Faux tortoise pickguard
Whether you play rock, country or bluegrass, this guitar will satisfy your ever need. Order now.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Forward shifted pattern 5/16" scalloped x bracing
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modified low oval with High Performance Neck Taper
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Undersaddle transducer
- Preamp EQ: 1-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: East Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Nickel open geared
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear