Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
J12SO Sing Out 60th Pete Seeger 12-String Acoustic Guitarfalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
Grand Jumbo body style, solid woods, distinctive triangular sound hole, and Pete's signature inside.
For more than 70 years, Seeger has embraced and championed traditional American music, as a member of the Almanac Singers in the 1940s, the Weavers in the 1950s and recently, as a solo artist. The 12-String J12SO! is inspired by Seeger's personal 12-string guitars, the first two of which were custom built by Liverpool luthier and engineer G. Stanley Francis; with later, evolved versions crafted by Connecticut luthier Bruce A. Taylor.
The J12SO! model has Martin's Grand Jumbo body style, built of solid woods. The top is built of Sitka spruce, East Indian rosewood on the back and sides, a genuine mahogany neck with unadorned black ebony fingerboard, and a polished East Indian rosewood headplate. The headplate includes the familiar gold C. F. Martin & Co. logo, as well as a banjo sketch drawn by Seeger and a replica of his signature inlaid in mother of pearl. The unique and distinctive triangular sound hole is surrounded by a black/white/black/white fine line rosette, and the top of the sound hole is encircled by bold herringbone purfling and grained ivoroid binding.
Both models are finished with a polished gloss lacquer finishes, with aging toner on the tops to enhance their vintage style and are protected in Vintage Series Geib-style hardshell cases.
Each of the limited edition (120) custom guitars will be numbered in sequence with the edition's total number produced.
Since 1950, Sing Out!'s mission has been to preserve and support the cultural diversity and heritage of all traditional and contemporary folk music, and to encourage making folk music a part of our everyday lives. Includes case.
- Model: J12SO sing out 60th Pete Seeger
- Construction: mahogany blocks dovetail neck joint
- Body size: grand j-14 fret
- Top: solid sitka spruce
- Rosette: single ring
- Back material: solid East Indian rosewood
- Side material: solid East Indian rosewood
- Binding: grained ivoroid
- Top inlay style: gold herringbone
- Neck shape: modified low oval
- Headstock: solid/diamond/square taper
- Scale length: 27.5''
- Number of frets clear: 15
- Number of frets total: 21
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-3/4''
- Bridge material: black ebony
- Bridge style: stauffer style pyramid
- Tuning machines: Grover chrome enclosed w/ small buttons
- Pickguard: black - 2pc. Set
- Case: 593xl geib style
- Interior label: sing out label signed by Pete Seeger & CFM IV
Be inspired by Pete's unique 12-string guitar. Order today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.