- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin Retro Series 000-18E Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #J04710 0000000002178184 J047100000000002178184
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Martin's groundbreaking Retro Series represents the most significant advancement of our era in amplified acoustic sound. Based upon a beautiful 1940 ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Takes a classic Martin body shape and adds the element of amplification for a wonderful mix of sight and sound.
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
Martin's groundbreaking Retro Series represents the most significant advancement of our era in amplified acoustic sound. Based upon a beautiful 1940 14-fret 000-18 "donor" guitar from the Martin Museum collection, this 24.9" short-scale model produces clear and expressive response for stage or studio use. It features a solid Sitka spruce with solid genuine mahogany back and sides, scalloped "X" top bracing, and solid black ebony fingerboard with an Old Style 18 rosette and (green abalone)Boltaron fingerboard inlays. Other appointments include a modified low oval profile neck with Performance Artist taper, Grover nickel V97-18NA Sta Tite tuning machines, a 1930s style belly with drop-in saddle bridge style, a Delmar Tortoise pickguard, and dovetail neck joint.
With modern performance and playability, the 000-18E Retro offers the visual and tonal integrity of the mahogany auditorium guitars of the pre-war era.
Includes 433 hardshell case.
Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
Body size: 000-14 Fret
Top: Soild SItka spruce
Rosette: Old Style 18
Top Bracing Pattern: Standard "X" Scalloped
Top Braces: Solid Sitka spruce 1/4"
Back Material: Solid genuine mahogany
Back Purfling: Style 18
Side Material: Solid genuine mahogany
Binding: Tortoise brown
Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
Neck Material: Select Hardwood
Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile with Performing Artist Taper
Nut Material: Bone
Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
Headplate: Solid East Indiean rosewood
Heelcap: Solid black ebony
Fingerboard Material: Soild black ebony
Scale Length: 24.9"
# of Frets: 20 (14 clear)
Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8"
Fingerboard Position Inlays: Old Style 18 - green abalone
Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
Finish Neck: Satin
Bridge Material: Solid black ebony
Bridge Style: 1930s style belly with drop-in saddle
Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16"
Saddle: 16" radius/compensated/white tusq
Tuning Machines: Grover Nickel V97-18NA Sta Tite
Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100)
Bridge & End Pins: Black with white inlay
Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise color
Case: 433 Hardshell
Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura Plus
Order this beautiful Martin today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear