- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin Retro Series D-35E Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #J04720 0000000002155389 J047200000000002155389
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Chris Martin's vision for the Retro Series is to perfectly capture the mystique and tonal emotion of priceless, pristine and well-aged Martin guitars...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A classic Martin body with modern refinements, including high-quality Fishman electronics.
- Martin Retro Series D-35E Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
Chris Martin's vision for the Retro Series is to perfectly capture the mystique and tonal emotion of priceless, pristine and well-aged Martin guitars. With electronic imaging contributed from a 1967 vintage D-35 "donor" guitar, the resulting acoustic as well as amplified tone is projective, balanced and resonant. Classic and enhanced D-35 appointments include a three-piece back, black pickguard, ivoroid bindings, a certified European spruce soundboard with thin 1/4 in. width bracing, and Fishman F1 Aura Plus electronics. The visual appeal of the original D-35 is captured and blended with a High Performance Neck taper for easy action and enhanced playability.
Comes with a 445 hardshell case.
Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
Body size: D-14 Fret
Top: European spruce
Rosette: Style 28
Top Bracing Pattern: Standard "X"
Top Braces: Solid Sitka spruce 1/4 in.
Back Material: Solid East Indian rosewood
Back Purfling: Style 35
Side Material: Solid East Indian rosewood
Binding: Grained Ivoroid
Top Inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
Side Inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
Neck Material: European spruce
Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile with Performing Artist Taper
Nut Material: Bone
Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
Headplate: Solid East Indiean rosewood
Heelcap: Grained ivoroid with multiple black/white Boltaron inlay
Fingerboard Material: Soild black ebony
Scale Length: 25.4 in.
# of Frets: 20 (14 clear)
Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4 in.
Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8 in.
Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28 - mother-of-pearl dots
Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
Finish Neck: Satin
Bridge Material: Solid black ebony
Bridge Style: 1930's style belly with drop-in saddle
Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16 in.
Saddle: 16 in. radius/compensated/white tusq
Tuning Machines: Chrome enclosed with large buttons
Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
Bridge & End Pins: White with black dots
Case: 445 Hardshell
Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura Plus
You can always count on Martin for qualtiy crafstmanship and sound. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.