- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin Retro Series OM-28E Orchestra Model Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H86966 000001000 H86966000001000
A modern re-creation of the classic Orchestra model, the Retro Series OM-28E Orchestra Model Acoustic-Electric Guitar is ideal for the guitarist who ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A classic Orchestra model with modern electronics and a high performance neck.
A modern re-creation of the classic Orchestra model, the Retro Series OM-28E Orchestra Model Acoustic-Electric Guitar is ideal for the guitarist who enjoys fingerstyle techniques. The Retro Series OM-28E carries a distinct vintage-inspired design with modern playability.
C. F. Martin & Co. is inviting musicians to take a trip back in time with the introduction of a groundbreaking guitar technology available in the new four-piece Retro Series: D-18E, D-45E, HD-28E, and OM-28E. Paying homage stylistically and sonically to the iconic classic Martin guitars of the 1930s and '40s, this series features traditional non-cutaway Martin guitars incorporating significant advancements in plugged-in sound reproduction. The series exquisitely captures a sought-after sound, melding traditional models with state-of-the-art technology, and will appeal to musicians and guitar aficionados alike.
Martin designers dove back into the rich history residing in the Martin museum and chose world-class examples to use as "tone donors." These guitars include a 1942 D-45, a 1941 D-28, a 1937 D-18 and a 1934 000-28 (long-scale) on loan from Vintage Instruments. Each of these guitars possesses unique tonal characteristics that can be attributed to the passing of time. The premise was to convince the new guitars into electronically behaving as if they were the museum guitars.
Developing the new Retro Series electronic foundation, Fishman electronically infused the essence of the museum instruments into the newly created Martin counterparts, a new technology for both companies. To build upon this "vintage-conditioned" sound, Martin Guitar teamed up with Fishman and Grammy Award-winning producer Bill VornDick at his historic Mountainside Studios in Nashville for a multi-step process. They utilized VornDick's private collection of rare vintage and boutique microphones, many of which date back to the '30s and are iconic recording industry microphones. This collection adds unique coloring to the plugged-in sound, reminiscent of the first microphones these museum guitars would have ever encountered in the professional recording studio.
The Retro series instruments are vintage in appearance but will have enhanced playability including a modern "High Performance Neck" taper and modified low oval profile. They will all have the new Fishman F1 Aura + electronics system featuring "Easy Mode" with three pre-blended mic/pickup presets and all of the programmability and tweakability of the original F1 Aura in "Performance Mode. "
Great for studio or live, this series reproduces the pristine sound that until now could only be accomplished in a highly-controlled studio setting with talented engineers.
VornDick said it best after hearing the finished product, "The plugged-in sound of these instruments is by far, the best reproduced acoustic sound I've ever heard."
- Orchestra body size
- Solid Sitka spruce top
- Standard ''X'' scalloped
- High performance neck
- Fishman F1 Aura Plus pickup system
- Includes 433 hardshell case
Experience the vibe and exceptional electric sound of this special guitar. Order today.
- Model: OM-28E Retro
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 1/4''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: HD Zig-Zag
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: none
- Endpiece Inlay: none
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Bold Herringbone
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: none
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile w/ Performing Artist Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Large Old Style
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamond and Squares- Short Pattern
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/ Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly w/ Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open-Geared w/ Butterbean knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100)
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Tortoise Colored Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 433 Hardshell
- Interior Label: none
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura Plus
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.