Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Martin Special 28 Style Orchestra Model VTS Acoustic Guitar Naturaltrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Martin Special 28 Style Orchestra Model VTS Acoustic Guitar Natural$3,299.99
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Utilizes a special torrefaction process to give it the warmth and tone of a guitar you've been playing for years.
Martin invented the Orchestra model in 1929 for a world-famous banjo player named Perry Bechtel. During the 1920s, the banjo was the most popular stringed instrument. As the Roaring 20s died with the Great Depression, Perry Bechtel realized people didn’t feel so "roaring," and that the sound of the banjo was dying. If he was to survive as a musician, he needed to go in the direction of the new sound, and that was the guitar.
So, in early 1929, Perry took his banjo to Martin, and said, "Can you build me a small-bodied guitar with a long neck." Martin experimented, and eventually created the Orchestra Model. To create this new guitar, Martin used their auditorium body, brought the shoulders of the guitar in, and joined the neck to the body at the 14th fret. (Prior to this OM, acoustic guitars were joined to the body at the 12th fret). When Perry heard that Martin had created him a new guitar, he could hardly wait to play his instrument. And as many of you know, the Martin OM re-defined the acoustic guitar, by being the first acoustic guitar to have 14-frets clear of the body. This 14-fret design became so popularity with players that Martin integrated into their dreadnought models in 1934.
Vintage Tone System
With Martin’s revolutionary Vintage Tone System, they are able to target the sound of Martin guitars within a ten-year period. Martin’s VTS is a proprietary temperature aging process that allows Martin to target the sound of their vintage acoustic guitars within a decade. Martin has honed this process by benchmarking some of the finest examples of their 182-year history, found in their Nazareth, PA museum. Once they have aged the top to the correct moisture content and look of the period, it is ready to be placed on only the finest custom and authentic models. With this Special 28 Style Orchestra Model VTS acoustic guitar, they select a premium-grade of Sitka spruce for the top, and temperature age it to target the sound of the 1930s. They then combine this VTS top with the precision and playability of a modern custom OM-28, to create an auditorium guitar that has an extraordinary sound, with the playability of modern precision and technology.
The Special 28 Style Orchestra Model VTS acoustic guitar has a clear, defined treble and midrange tone, with a very balanced, punchy bottom end. It's very expressive, with a lot of volume and tone.
USA-made in Nazareth, PA. Comes with a 3-ply hardshell case.
- Body type: 000-14 Fret
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back & sides: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: 1/4" Scalloped (Sitka)
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modern low oval with PA taper
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45mm)
- Fingerboard: Black Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Chrome
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone, Compensated Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: VTS
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: United States
Order this special Martin today!
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.