- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin Standard Series OM-42 Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 514234 000010000 514234000010000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Martin Standard Series OM-42 Orchestra Model oozes rich tone and vintage vibes from an auditorium-style body. Features a solid Sitka spruce top c...Click To Read More About This Product
Luxurious touches and tone that's second to none.
- Martin Standard Series OM-42 Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar, Natural
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
The Martin Standard Series OM-42 Orchestra Model oozes rich tone and vintage vibes from an auditorium-style body. Features a solid Sitka spruce top combined with narrow-waisted comfort and sumptuous appointments. Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, bold abalone pearl with black and white Boltaron top inlay, grained ivoroid binding and heel cap, Style 45 back purfling, and a black ebony fretboard with Style 45 Snowflake with select abalone pearl inlay mark this as a true luxury guitar.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard X Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 1/4''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 45
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Abalone Pearl With Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Side Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /C.F. Martin Block- Select Pearl
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid With Black/White Inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 45 Snowflake With Select Abalone Pearl
- Fingerboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/4''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Gold W/ Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin MSP 4100 Light Phosphor Bronze
- Bridge & End Pins: White with Abalone Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color Beveled And Polished
- Case: 630 Molded
- Interior Label: None
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.