- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Frontier Dreadnought E Mahogany - Mahogany Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Condition 2 - Blemished Gloss Natural 888366004821
- J48682 005001001 J48682005001001
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
All mahogany dreadnoughts have been popular for decades. The Breedlove Frontier Dreadnought is uniquely warm and robust with Breedlove's SOUND PROFIL...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) Super sweet tone thanks to its all-Honduran mahogany tonewood and a special sanding process.
Tracks provided by SoundCloud
All mahogany dreadnoughts have been popular for decades. The Breedlove Frontier Dreadnought is uniquely warm and robust with Breedlove's SOUND PROFILING design. Using the same tonewoods for the back and sides takes special care as ideally the backs must be several half steps higher in frequency than the tops. By targeting the frequencies, Breedlove is able to achieve a Fundamental Resonant Frequency that maximizes the efficiency and power of this wonderful tonewood.
The Breedlove Dreadnought is slightly more rounded than traditional dreadnoughts, producing beautifully full, punchy, and articulate tones. The Dreadnought appeals to players inspired by the familiarity of a dreadnought, who are looking for nuance and richness from their instrument. The Breedlove Dreadnought projects well, so it excels in an ensemble, and yet retains the refinement needed for vocal accompaniment.
Breedlove guitar necks feature a slimmer neck profile which enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. Unlike traditional dovetail neck joints that require major surgery for a neck re-set, it is easy to adjust the play action and neck angle with the Breedlove bolt-on neck and single-action truss rod. The hand-rubbed, semi-gloss Breedlove neck finish contributes to ideal playability – the finish process alone takes three days, including precise finish coat applications, fine sanding, and hand buffing and rubbing.
Top, Back and Side Wood
Genuine mahogany, swietenia macrophyllia, can be found from Mexico to southern Amazonia in Brazil. Mahogany is a medium-lightweight wood, ranging in color from light brown to dark, and is primarily used for necks because of the feel and the stability it provides. It offers a balanced, resonant tone with notable sustain – a thick bottom end, rich midrange, and controlled, warm top end finish out the sound. The coloration is a reddish brown.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Breedlove players around the world can attest: With consistent, proper care, your Breedlove will give you a lifetime of service – and inspiration. New Breedlove instruments, purchased through an authorized Breedlove dealer, are warrantied to be free of defects in materials and workmanship throughout the lifetime of the original owner. In addition to materials and workmanship, Breedlove offers a two-year warranty on tuning machines and electronics packages. Cases and bags are subject to a one-year warranty covering defects in structure and hardware.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Honduran mahogany
- Back & sides: Honduran mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Info not available
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Slim
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: African Ebony
- Neck wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Semi-gloss
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Undersaddle transducer
- Preamp EQ: 1-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Info not available
- Tuning machines: Breedlove Nickel
- Bridge: African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Grab this great dreadnought today with a quick click or call. Order now.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.