- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
AFC Contemporary Archtop Electric Guitar
- Product J48410
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
For many decades, Ibanez has been re-energizing the hollow body world with a wide variety of original designs, unrivaled playability and polished ton...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Customized for today’s cutting edge players.
For many decades, Ibanez has been re-energizing the hollow body world with a wide variety of original designs, unrivaled playability and polished tones. By closely working with many legendary artists Ibanez is constantly striving to experiment, innovate and deliver. This enthusiasm for exploration has led to the Contemporary Archtop series, customized specifically to meet the demands of today’s cutting edge players.
The AFC125 features larger headstock design, 3-piece Mahogany/ Maple set-in neck and bound Ebony fretboard with hand rolled fret edge treatment provide maximum playing comfort and smooth articulation. Built with a Spruce top, Maple back and sides with Flamed Maple bound hollow body, all dressed in chic satin black finish. As well as providing its stylish appearance these elements provide a balanced tone, and with the addition of plywood top, help to avoid unnecessary feedback. The rock solid Ebony compensated bridge provides better intonation, longer sustain and acoustic resonance.
The AFC125 comes with the Ibanez custom made “Magic Touch-Mini” humbucker pickups, providing a balance of classic tones, alongside clear articulation on both the top and bottom of the sound spectrum. Players can enjoy the clean response on the top end, presenting fast melodies or complex chord progressions with clarity and precision. The bottom end also has a deep warm and rich classic sound, but with a clarity specially adjusted to help avoid muddy low end tones.
This tonal balance is complimented by the pickups’ extra sensitivity that clearly captures and accentuates the players pick attack and plucking style opening the possibilities of a wide range of playing techniques. Thanks to floating mount, the “Magic Touch-Mini” pickups do not dampen the guitars natural body vibration, thus allowing a bigger richer acoustic tone. These are all complimented by the newly designed pickguard, tailpiece cover and wooden control knobs. The AFC125 comes with hardshell case.
- 3pc Mahogany/Maple Artstar set-in neck
- Spruce top/Maple back & sides
- Ebony fretboard w/Mother-of-pearl off-set inlay
- Medium frets
- Magic Touch-Mini neck pickup
- Magic Touch-Mini bridge pickup
- Ebony bridge w/Compensated saddle
- VT14 tailpiece w/AFC Wood cover
- Flatwound strings
- Gold Hardware
- Hardshell case included
Trust Ibanez to produce excellent value. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.