- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
322 V-Class Grand Concert Acoustic Guitar
Condition 1 - Mint Shaded Edge Burst
- L47661 004001000 L47661004001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Taylor's 300 Series has introduced countless players to the pleasures of the all-solid-wood acoustic experience; it's the entry point to Taylor's USA...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) An affordable solid-wood guitar with special bracing for improved performance.
Taylor's 300 Series has introduced countless players to the pleasures of the all-solid-wood acoustic experience; it's the entry point to Taylor's USA-made instrument line. Players who step up to a 300 Series instrument, like the 322 V-Class Grand Concert acoustic guitar, will be rewarded with a guitar-for-a-lifetime that will only sound better with age. It doesn't take but a few strums to learn how the mix of tonewoods, construction and appointments combine to make Taylor's famous playability, intonation and tone. The 300 Series has everything you need and nothing you don't need in a fantastic sounding and playing instrument. The 322 V-Class Grand Concert acoustic ships in a deluxe hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
Taylor's Grand Concert is slightly smaller than its Grand Auditorium and yields controlled overtones, so the sound won't occupy a lot of sonic space. This is often a key consideration when other instruments are in the mix, such as in a performance or recording environment, and it allows the guitar to be heard more clearly. The Grand Concert pairs well with both 14-fret and 12-fret neck-to-body construction, and offers an articulate voice with top-end chime. It's perfect for fingerstyle players and light strummers, though flat-pickers are known to enjoy its tonal character too. Its intimate size makes it lap/couch-friendly, and a great fit for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Tropical mahogany is known for a meaty midrange featuring a strong fundamental without adding a lot of ringing overtones. It responds well to players with a strong attack who like dry, earthy, lo-fi sounds. It has a natural compression that smooths out strumming and picking technique. Mahogany's clear and direct tonal character makes it a great option for playing and standing out among other instruments. Tonally, blackwood behaves somewhere in the middle of rosewood and mahogany, with a little extra shimmer and chime that shows its family resemblance to koa. Pairing blackwood with the mahogany top not only gives you that roll-in effect associated with a mahogany top - really smooth attack and balance - but extra complexity as the note decays. It's a great combination.
Taylor's V-Class bracing is a fundamental innovation in acoustic guitar design. It marks an important evolution beyond traditional X-bracing, introducing an entirely new platform for acoustic performance. It is essentially a "sonic engine" that optimizes the response of an acoustic guitar in three key ways: by boosting volume, sustain, and by largely resolving the intonation (in-tune-ness) issues that have long plagued acoustic guitars. V-Class bracing creates purer, more orderly notes that don't cancel each other out or sound "off". They have clearer, more consistent response, and the whole fretboard is brought into greater sonic alignment for a more musical playing/listening experience. Guitars with V-Class bracing are easier to tune; the pitch sounds purer and more solid, and electronic tuners can more easily locate notes for quick, precise tuning. Other benefits: harmonics ring more uniformly down the neck, notes are louder with more projection and sustain, and notes are more consistent, i.e., upper register notes don't get choked out or swallowed. Fewer "sour" sonic qualities exist with chords; a more agreeable relationship is created between notes as they ripen, bloom and decay.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- All-solid-wood construction
- Special bracing for improved intonation, sustain and projection
- Shaded edge burst finish
- Comes with hardshell case
If you like what you see, add it to your cart and soon you'll enjoy years of quality play. Order now.
- Body type: Grand Concert/OO
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Neo-Tropical mahogany
- Back and sides: Solid Tasmanian blackwood
- Bracing pattern: V-Class Grand Concert with relief rout
- Body finish: Satinå
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 24.84"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor nickel with nickel buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "wave" saddle/black graphite nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.