- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PRS Private Stock- Dweezil Zappa Ltd Run # 9 of 50 Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product H72273
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Limited to a run of 50 guitars, the new Dweezil Zappa Private Stock semi-hollow model features a unique Custom 24 mandolin shape. The dramatically di...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Modeled after the guitar Dweezil designed with the Private Stock team.
Limited to a run of 50 guitars, the new Dweezil Zappa Private Stock semi-hollow model features a unique Custom 24 mandolin shape. The dramatically different shape of the mandolin inspired body with two f-holes is a departure from any guitar body shape PRS has ever created. Dweezil's personal model and the limited run of 50 are, however, unmistakably PRS.
The ribboned mahogany body is topped with curly maple and given a Vintage Gold Burst finish of thin semi-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer. The Private Stock-grade curly maple neck with the Wide Fat neck shape lays the foundation for a Macassar ebony 24-fret fingerboard while the rowdy bass and treble clef inlay motif pays homage to the Zappa family legacy of eclectic playfulness. The matching maple veneer headstock is highlighted by a mother-of-pearl Private Stock eagle inlay. A pair of 57/08 humbucker pickups sport cr¨me pickup mounting rings and a controlled by a master volume and tone with a 3-way toggle and out-of-phase switching.
"It was really fun”and easy”to work with the team at PRS. I spoke with them a few times at various stages of the instrument. They were very helpful and knowledgeable. It's a great experience to build something from raw pieces of wood into the finished instrument. I never had the opportunity to do that before," said Dweezil.
- Mandolin-shaped Custom 24 semi-hollowbody with two f-holes
- One-piece curly maple top
- Ribboned mahogany back wood
- Vintage Gold Burst (thin semi-gloss nitro)
- 24 frets
- Private Stock-grade curly maple neck
- Macassar ebony fretboard
- Wide Fat neck shape
- Mother-of-pearl bass and treble clef fretboard Inlays
- Matching maple veneer headstock with mother-of-pearl Private Stock eagle inlay
- Ivoroid neck and headstock binding
- 57/08 bridge pickup
- 57/08 neck pickup
- Cr¨me pickup mounting rings
- Master volume and tone controls with 3-way toggle and out-of-phase switching
- Nickel hardware
- Stoptail bridge
- Vintage-style Kluson tuners
- Schaller strap locks
- 25" scale
- 10" fretboard radius