- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PRS Private Stock PS4898 Violin Curly Maple/Mahogany Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J09934 0
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
PRS Violin guitars are deeply rooted in the Paul Reed Smith belief that the guitar is the violin of our time. Starting with a limited run of Violin g...Click To Read More About This Product
A labor of love made with the finest materials and craftsmanship.
PRS Violin guitars are deeply rooted in the Paul Reed Smith belief that the guitar is the violin of our time. Starting with a limited run of Violin guitars that featured European maple tops (thought to be from the same forest that Stradivarious got his maple from) and Pernambuco necks (a rare wood historically used to make violin bows), PRS is proud to continue the tradition with the Private Stock Violin II. Violin II instruments also take their lead from violins and violas this time by pairing curly maple necks with ebony fretboards, œViolin finish color (a beautiful glowing amber/gold reminiscent of old violins), and Private Stock' new œStrad purfling on the neck and headstock.
Features include a carved figured maple top, lightweight mahogany back, 25 scale length, 22 fret Pattern curly maple neck, ebony fretboard and headstock veneer, gold mother-of-pearl œViolin bird inlays and headstock eagle, œStrad fretboard and headstock purfling, plated nickel/silver 57/08 pickups with one volume and one push/pull tone control with a 3-way toggle pickup switch, PRS Phase III locking tuners, PRS stoptail bridge with brass inserts, hybrid hardware, and a paisley hardshell case.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Maple curly
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Shape: Pattern
- Wood: Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 10"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Birds
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: 57/08 brushed nickle covers
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: 57/08 brushed nickle covers
- Brand: PRS
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/push tone control
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil split
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: PRS stoptail
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Phase III locking tuners
- Color: Hybrid
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Body wood
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Experience this modern-day Stradivarious from PRS. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.