- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Schecter Guitar Research Masterworks Banshee Custom Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L74675 000000000 L74675000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Schecter Custom Shop Masterworks guitar are one-of-a-kind hand-built instruments produced by some of the most experienced and skilled custom builders...Click To Read More About This Product
This one-of-a-kind handbuilt instrument features a rare box elder burl top.
Schecter Custom Shop Masterworks guitar are one-of-a-kind hand-built instruments produced by some of the most experienced and skilled custom builders on the scene. The attention to detail, precision and overall quality mark Masterworks guitars among the very top custom guitars available. This Banshee Custom is an exceptional example.
Few woods are more quintessentially American then maple, and few maples have had a wider range than the box elder maple. For decades, the box elder was the default shade tree planted along streets in towns and cities as the U.S. spread west. In climates where the sugar maple didn't thrive, it was used for syrup making and it survived drought and extreme weather better than many others. Box elder burl has long been valued for lathe turning and carving, but it's rare to find a piece large enough for a guitar top, even among the larger, older examples from the American heartland. The unique look of the gloss-finished, stabilized, book-matched burl top on this instrument is only the beginning. Contrasting black binding and a matching headstock give this extra visual appeal, as do the brass ring surrounded, matching box elder position markers in the Pale Moon ebony fingerboard and the distinctive roasted flame maple bobbins on the Schecter Apocalypse Custom humbuckers.
The combination of a satin-finished, lightweight, roasted swamp ash body and set-in 5-piece wenge/purpleheart/maple neck with Schecter's ultra-access neck heel help make it easy to play all night long. Black locking tuners and Hipshot hardtail bridge maximize sustain and stabilize tuning, while matching the top binding. Taken as a whole, it is a truly striking example of modern guitar design and construction. If you've always wanted a hand-built, one-off guitar, this may very well be the one you've been looking for.
Private Reserve Guitars by Musician's Friend are your gateway to some of the world's most exclusive, hand-built, custom and semi-custom instruments. This carefully curated collection of spectacular guitars and basses contains many extremely limited-edition and unique one-off instruments that you won't find anywhere else. The world's major custom shops are represented here, as well as many top-flight small builders and individual luthiers. Our PRG associates are specially trained to provide you with detailed information about any guitar in the collection, so you can be sure you're choosing the special instrument that's perfect for you. Call now, and have the instrument of your dreams in your hands as soon as tomorrow.
- Gloss-finished stabilized, book-matched box elder burl top, roasted swamp ash body
- 25.5"-scale, set-in 5-piece wenge/purpleheart/maple neck, pale moon ebony fingerboard
- Dual Apocalypse Custom humbuckers with roasted flame maple custom bobbins
- Hipshot hardtail contoured bridge, Schecter locking tuners
Call your gear advisor for complete details on individual instruments.
- Body Type: Double Cutaway Solid Body
- Top wood: Burl Box Elder Maple
- Body wood: Roasted Swamp ash
- Body finish: Gloss top, satin back
- Neck shape: Custom
- Neck wood: Multi-piece Wenge/Purpleheart/Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Dual Action
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Pale Moon Ebony
- Radius: 14"
- Fret size: Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot with Brass ring, Glow-in-the-dark side markers
- Nut width/material: 1.65 in. (42 mm) Graph Tech
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Control layout: Master volume Master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Special electronics: Coil split on push/pull tone knob
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Individual saddle
- Tailpiece: Hardtail
- Tuning machines: Locking High-ratio
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.