- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Schecter Guitar Research Sun Valley SS FR III Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K45632 000001000 K45632000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Dominating studio sessions as well as the stage, the new Sun Valley Super Shredder III by Schecter Guitar Research is tailor-made for today’s modern ...Click To Read More About This Product
Fast neck, actives EMGs and a Floyd Rose.
Dominating studio sessions as well as the stage, the new Sun Valley Super Shredder III by Schecter Guitar Research is tailor-made for today’s modern guitarist who demands an instrument with head- turning looks, buttery playability, and supreme tonal versatility.
A comfort-contoured mahogany body with figured maple top is joined to a 24-fret, 25.5-inch scale bolt-on hard rock maple neck to deliver a feel that will be right at home in any guitarist’s hands, while the Floyd Rose 1500 bridge serves as a bulletproof foundation for your strings, no matter how wild you get with your whammy bar.
The instrument also comes factory-equipped with EMGs new Retroactive pickups in an incredibly versatile H- S-S format; designed to deliver the power and clarity of active pickups with the dynamic response of passive pickups, the EMG Retroactive Hot 70 humbucker in the bridge dishes out tones perfectly suited for searing leads and chugging rhythms while the well-balanced EMG Retroactive single-coils provide a beautifully clear tonality with a sparkling treble response and defined low-end.
Available in Aurora Burst equipped with a maple fingerboard and abalone offset/reverse dot inlay, or Sky Burst with a matching headcap, ebony fingerboard, and pearloid inlay, Schecter’s Sun Valley Super Shredder III ups the ante with boutique looks and performance at a price that is accessible for the average working musician.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Figured Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Thin C
- Neck wood: Hard-rock Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 14 in.
- Fret size: Extra-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.62 in. (41.3 mm)
- Configuration: HSS
- Neck: Retro Active
- Middle: Retro Active
- Bridge: Retro Active
- Brand: Schecter
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Floyd Rose 1500 series
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Schecter
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Start shredding with this Super Shredder from Schecter. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.