Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Takamine Pro Series P7D Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar Naturaltrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Shop by Serial Number:
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A powerful guitar that combines traditional craft with contemporary refinements.
Built with the performer in mind, the P7D features Takamine's proprietary CTP-3 Cool Tube preamp system paired with the unique Palathetic under-saddle pickup for peerless amplified response. The CTP-3 provides low-voltage tube tone, variable from bright and brilliant to thick and warm, three-band EQ with semi-parametric midrange, auxiliary input and volume (for use when a second pickup is added), and an onboard chromatic tuner.
Other performance-enhancing features include Takamine's asymmetrical neck profile - which is slightly thinner on the treble side so that it fits the natural shape of your hand, resulting in a comfortable feel and improved playability. The split bone saddle provides more accurate intonation, and the rosewood bridge features abalone-dot ivory pins.
Premium design appointments include an ebony fingerboard with ivory binding, abalone "snowflake" inlays, a dark rosewood headcap with abalone Takamine logo, gold tuners with gold buttons, a natural bone nut and smooth gloss natural finish.
The Cool Tube
The CTP-3 CoolTube, the first and only onboard tube preamp for acoustic guitar, produces a rich, full sound. It takes its name from innovative Takamine technology that runs its 12AU7 dual-triode vacuum tube at very low voltages—so low that it stays cool to the touch—with variable tube tone that can be adjusted from bright and brilliant to thick and warm.
The full-range EQ section uses shelving filters to sculpt bass and treble frequencies, with semi-parametric shaping control over the midrange. A control knob adjusts the frequency from 250 Hz to 5 kHz, and a pinpoint-precise onboard chromatic tuner is standard equipment. Other features include Mid and High cut switches for a second pickup as well as a notch filter.
- Mahogany asymmetrical neck
- Abalone "snowflake" inlays
- Abalone rosette
- Dark wood purfling
- Split bone saddle
- CTP-3 Cool Tube Preamp System with 3-band EQ, auxiliary input, onboard chromatic tuner, Palathetic undersaddle pickup, notch filter
- Includes archtop hardshell case
See why everybody's talking about Takamine. Order today.
Pro Series P7D Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: X
- Body finish: Natural Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Assymetrical
- Nut width: 1.77 in. (45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: Not speciified
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Not specified
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Takamine
- Configuration: Undersaddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay:
- Tuning machines: Gold
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Pickup system
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Not specified
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.