- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 200 Series 214ce Koa Deluxe Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J20639 000001000 J20639000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Taylor's 200 Deluxe Series delivers all the essentials of a great guitar - exquisite playability, a full and articulate voice, impeccable intonation ...Click To Read More About This Product
Super-playable design with gorgeous layered koa body and top-notch Taylor electronics.
Taylor's 200 Deluxe Series delivers all the essentials of a great guitar - exquisite playability, a full and articulate voice, impeccable intonation up the neck, and Taylor's top-of-the-line, professional-grade pickup - at a price that's within reach of many.
This collection strikes a sweet balance between tasteful design constraint and aesthetic variety, bringing Taylor's signature tonal clarity and playability into a stage-worthy mix of guitar options. The Deluxe moniker refers to the addition of a fully-glossed body as opposed to a glossy top with satin back and sides. In addition, all 200 Deluxe Series guitars ship in a hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Layered rosewood back and sides create a sturdy and complementary platform for the vibrating string energy sent by the guitar's top. Layered wood is less susceptible to changes in temperature and humidity, making it an excellent choice for players who travel with their instruments or simply require more durability.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, bass and treble controls.
Taylor is famous for it's 12-string guitars due to their ease-of-play, their neck stability, their intonation and their overall tone. Taylor's slim neck profile and New Technology ("NT") neck system allow precise and low action, resulting in the most comfortable "handfeel" found in a 12-string. The same attributes that make a high-end Taylor 12-string great are found on the 254ce Deluxe.
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Yes - Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Layered Hawaiian Koa
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard II Bracing (Forward Shift Pattern)
- Body finish: Gloss 6.0 Top, Back and Sides
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1 11/16" (42.8mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Sapele
- Scale length: 25 1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 "professional audio"-grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Bass, Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Chrome Tuners with Chrome Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Tusq Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Taylor New Technology ("NT") Neck System
- Case: Taylor Standard Hardshell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Taylor Guitars Factory, Tecate, Mexico
Order this high-quality Taylor today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.