- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 254ce Figured Ovangkol Deluxe Limited-Edition 12-String Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L71241 000001000 L71241000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Taylor 254ce figured ovangkol deluxe delivers all the essentials of a great guitar—exquisite playability, a full and articulate voice, impeccable...Click To Read More About This Product
Get Taylor's signature tonal clarity and playability in a stage-worthy acoustic-electric 12-string guitar.
The Taylor 254ce figured ovangkol deluxe delivers all the essentials of a great guitar—exquisite playability, a full and articulate voice, impeccable intonation up the neck, and Taylor's top-of-the-line, professional-grade pickup, all at a price that's within reach of many. This Taylor Deluxe Series strikes a sweet balance between tasteful design constraint and aesthetic variety, bringing Taylor's signature tonal clarity and playability into a stage-worthy mix of guitar options. The Deluxe moniker refers to the addition of a fully glossed body as opposed to a glossy top with satin back and sides. This 12-string Grand Auditorium limited-edition adds a striking figured ovangkol back and sides for an aesthetic that's second to none at its price. In addition, this guitar ships in a deluxe hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
Grand Auditorium Body Shape
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the Taylor Grand Auditorium is an excellent choice.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed "professional audio"-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. Onstage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
- Layered figured ovangkol back and sides, solid Sitka spruce top
- Neo-tropical mahogany neck, West African ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Taylor Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade electronics, behind-the-saddle transducer with adjustable sensors, onboard phase switch
- Gold tuners with gold buttons, gloss-finished body, satin-finished neck
- Taylor Standard II forward shift pattern bracing
- Taylor Standard Hardshell case included
Get all the essentials of a great guitar. Order today.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium, Venetian cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back & sides: Layered figured ovangkol
- Bracing pattern: Forward shift
- Body finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1 7/8"
- Fingerboard: West African ebony
- Neck wood: Neo-tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets:20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Bridge: West African ebony
- Saddle & nut: NuBone nut/Micarta saddle
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- EQ/Tuner: Volume, Bass Treble/No tuner
- Tuning machines: Gold tuners with gold buttons
- Orientation: Right handed
- Number of strings: 12
- Case: Taylor Standard Hardshell Case
- Country of origin: Mexico
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.