- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 400 Series 414e-N Grand Auditorium Nylon String Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- J57101 000001000 J57101000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
One of the alluring traits of a nylon-string guitar is the way its tonal character can instantly change the complexion of any song. This makes a nylo...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Triple-threat of all-solid tonewoods, versatile body design and simple, accurate electronics.
One of the alluring traits of a nylon-string guitar is the way its tonal character can instantly change the complexion of any song. This makes a nylon an indispensible tool for songwriting, recording and performance, letting you weave a different flavor or rhythmic texture into your music. Taylor nylons, like this 400 Series 414e-N Grand Auditorium, achieve the same exceptional playability as their steel-string siblings, offering a smooth crossover with a sleek profile neck, a 1-7/8 in. nut width (compared to a much wider traditional classical neck), and a slight fingerboard radius (20 in. compared to 15 in. on Taylor steel-strings). To add further allure, an all-gloss body gives the rosewood back and sides a gorgeous depth of color. With this rosewood-bodied Taylor nylon-string in your acoustic toolbox, you might be surprised by how often you end up reaching for it. The 400 Series 414e-N ships in a deluxe hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Solid ovangkol back and sides complement the top with a sound that's comparable to rosewood. Ovangkol is an African relative of rosewood that shares a wide tonal spectrum from lows to highs, but with a slightly fuller midrange and a bright treble that resembles koa.
he ES-N is a single-source, under-saddle transducer, but the preamp design and tone controls were customized to complement the nylon- string voice. Taylor's standard ES control knobs (Volume, Treble and Bass) enable plenty of tone-shaping and preserve the natural design aesthetic.
What sets Taylor apart?
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
Grab this Taylor Grand Auditorium today. Order now.
- Body type: Auditorium/OOO
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Nylon GA Bracing
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Nylon Profile
- Nut width: 1.87 in. (47.6 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Indian rosewood
- Tuning machines: Chrome with Pearloid Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Tusq
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: 20 in. fingerboard radius, neck and body joint at 14th fret
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.