- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 400 Series Special Edition 414ce Rosewood Grand Auditorium Left-Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar Regular
- Write a Review
- Product L00072
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A truly special "Special Edition" instrument, this left-handed Grand Auditorium features many custom elements artfully incorporated by Taylor Guitars...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A Sitka Spruce top, Indian Rosewood back & sides and an Expression System 2 preamp comprise this superlative Grand Auditorium model.
A truly special "Special Edition" instrument, this left-handed Grand Auditorium features many custom elements artfully incorporated by Taylor Guitars' Master Guitar Designer, Andy Powers. Indian rosewood is one of the most popular and musically expressive tonewoods in the world, and paired with Sitka spruce produces a rich and detailed sound. Taylor's Grand Auditorium shape and rosewood's balanced, broad sonic range and complexity - and of course Taylor's renown playability - result in a guitar that will be a joy to play in a variety of scenarios for a lifetime. This instrument ships in a deluxe hard shell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Solid Indian rosewood back and sides complement the Sitka top with sound that's made it one of the most popular tone woods ever. Rosewood produces the strongest bass response among the tone woods commonly used for guitars, with a slightly scooped midrange. Rosewood's sweeping frequency range - deep lows that assert a throaty growl with sparkling highs - rings out with bell-like, high-fidelity clarity. It yields a full-range acoustic voice with complex overtones and extended sustain.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Special Features include an Abalone rosette, "Engraved Victorian" fretboard inlays with matching peghead inlay, Shaded Edge Burst (top), gold hardware and grained ivoroid binding.
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Grand Auditorium Indian rosewood body, Venetian cutaway, solid Sitka spruce top, gloss finish
- Mahogany neck, Taylor Standard Profile, ebony fingerboard, satin finish
- Expression System 2 Professional audio-grade preamp, 3 band EQ
- Gold tuners, Micarta "Wave" saddle, Tusq nut, hardshell case
A rich-sounding and great-playing Grand Auditorium for lefties. Order yours today.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Single - Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back & sides: Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance (Standard III with relief rout) X
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Left handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gold
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave"/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.