- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 414ce-N Grand Auditorium Nylon String Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L26408 000001000 L26408000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
One of the alluring traits of a nylon-string guitar is the way its tonal character can instantly change the complexion of any song. This makes a nylo...Click To Read More About This Product
A nylon-string guitar with slim neck profile, cutaway and easy-to-use electronics.
One of the alluring traits of a nylon-string guitar is the way its tonal character can instantly change the complexion of any song. This makes a nylon an indispensible tool for songwriting, recording and performance, letting you weave a different flavor or rhythmic texture into your music. Taylor nylons achieve the same exceptional playability as their steel-string siblings, offering a smooth crossover with a sleek profile neck, a 1-7/8" nut width (compared to a much wider traditional classical neck), and a slight fingerboard radius (20" compared to 15" on Taylor steel-strings). With a Taylor nylon-string in your acoustic toolbox, you might be surprised by how often you end up reaching for it. Taylor's ovangkol 400 Series guitars, like this 414ce-N Grand Auditorium Nylon String acoustic-electric, continue to be discovered and embraced by players, thanks in part to a compelling full-range tone profile that's comparable to rosewood. Ovangkol's natural tonal breadth and dynamic range fit many different playing applications. An all-gloss body adds a burnished complexion that ties ovangkol's toasted golden color tones together with the buttery Sitka Spruce top. The 414ce-N Grand Auditorium Nylon String acoustic-electric ships in a deluxe hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Solid ovangkol back and sides complement the top with a sound that's comparable to rosewood. Ovangkol is an African relative of rosewood that shares a wide tonal spectrum from lows to highs, but with a slightly fuller midrange and a bright treble that resembles koa.
The ES-N is a single-source, under-saddle transducer, but the preamp design and tone controls were customized to complement the nylon-string voice. Taylor's standard ES control knobs (Volume, Treble and Bass) enable plenty of tone-shaping and preserve the natural design aesthetic.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- 20" fingerboard radius
- Neck and body join at 14th fret
- All-solid tonewood pairing
- Taylor ES-N electronics
Make this Taylor yours. Order today.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Ovangkol
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Nylon GA
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Nylon
- Nut width: 1.87" (47.6 mm)
- Fingerboard: Tropical mahogany
- Neck wood: Genuine West African ebony
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African ebony
- Tuning machines: Chrome with pearloid buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.