- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 456ce-R Grand Symphony 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- L29995 000001000 L29995000001000
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Indian rosewood is one of the most popular and musically expressive tonewoods in the world. Among Taylor’s solid-wood guitars, rosewood is normally r...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Sleek profile with low action and wide tonal range.
Indian rosewood is one of the most popular and musically expressive tonewoods in the world. Among Taylor’s solid-wood guitars, rosewood is normally reserved for the 700, 800 and 900 Series, but the 400 Rosewoods, like this 456ce-R Grand Symphony acoustic-electric guitar, bring rosewood - with lustruous gloss finishes - into a more accessible price range. Taylor's Grand Symphony shape and rosewood's balanced, broad sonic range and complexity - and of course Taylor's renown playability - result in a guitar that will be a joy to play in a variety of scenarios for a lifetime. The 456ce-R comes in a deluxe hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
Compared to the Taylor Grand Auditorium, the Grand Symphony has a bigger, rounder lower bout and slightely wider "waist" area, and the bigger sound board (top) means more tonal output. Expect a meaty lower midrange and strong treble shimmer. A GS is best if you want a guitar with a robust low end, strong volume when strumming or flatpicking, and clear articulation in response to light fingerpicking attack.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Solid Indian rosewood back and sides complement the Sitka top with sound that's made it one of the most popular tone woods ever. Rosewood produces the strongest bass response among the tone woods commonly used for guitars, with a slightly scooped midrange. Rosewood's sweeping frequency range - deep lows that assert a throaty growl with sparkling highs - rings out with bell-like, high-fidelity clarity. It yields a full-range acoustic voice with complex overtones and extended sustain.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Building remarkable 12-strings is part of Taylor's heritage. Their ease-of- play, their neck stability, their intonation and their overall tone has made them the most popular 12-strings on the market. Taylor's slim neck profile and Taylor Neck system allow precise and low action, resulting in the most comfortable "handfeel" possible in a 12-string guitar.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light strings
- Tortoise pickguard
- White body binding
- White fretboard binding/edge treatment
- Scarf neck joint
- Three-ring plastic rosette
- Renaissance fingerboard inlay
- Italian acrylic peghead logo
- Nickel buttons
Make this Taylor guitar yours with a quick click or call today.
- Body type: Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Back and sides: Solid Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance (Standard III with relief rout)
- Body finish: Gloss 6.0
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor 12-String profile
- Nut width: 1.87" (47.6 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Indian rosewood
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel
- Bridge: Genuine African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "Wave"/TUSQ
- Number of strings: 12
- Special features:
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.