- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 500 Series 526ce Grand Symphony Acoustic Electric Guitar
Shaded Edge Burst
- Write a Review
- K46034 000001000 K46034000001000
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Taylor's revitalized 500 Series mahogany guitars, like this 526ce Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric, are brimming with appealing refinements, starting...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Excellent depth of sound thanks to all-tropical mahogany construction and special bracing.
Taylor's revitalized 500 Series mahogany guitars, like this 526ce Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric, are brimming with appealing refinements, starting with enhanced bracing that boosts the volume, low-end richness and projection, while also making the guitars more responsive. A special top wood, Lutz spruce, joins the mix, producing a powerful sound reminiscent of Adirondack spruce. The 500 Series 526ce Grand Symphony ships in a deluxe hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
Compared to the Taylor Grand Auditorium, the Grand Symphony has a bigger, rounder lower bout and slightely wider "waist" area, and the bigger sound board (top) means more tonal output. Expect a meaty lower midrange and strong treble shimmer. A GS is best if you want a guitar with a robust low end, strong volume when strumming or flatpicking, and clear articulation in response to light fingerpicking attack.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Mahogany is a good wood to anchor a discussion of tones, as a lot of other wood tones can be described in relation to it. Its essential sonic profile is well represented in the midrange frequencies. Acoustic guitars in general tend to live in the midrange portion of the sound spectrum, but mahogany in particular displays a lot of midrange character. That thick, present midrange sound is sometimes described in guitar circles as meaty, organic or even chewy; wherever a player digs in on the fretboard, they're tapping into the core of the harmonic content of what a guitar produces. Those great midrange frequencies produce overtones that stack up and produce bloom, giving the sound extra girth. When one hears the resulting harmonics, the chewy tone serves up a big mouthful of midrange. As a popular tonewood for many decades, mahogany has been used on scads of old school acoustic recordings, and that sonic heritage carries across various strains of roots music, from blues to folk to slack key.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Enhanced bracing for more volume
- West African ebony body and neck binding
- Medium brown stain with Shaded Edge burst
- Ivoroid/Tortoise/Ivoroid rosette
- Scarf neck joint
- Century fretboard inlays
- Grained ivoroid peghead logo
- Black plastic truss rod cover
Try something new. Order this Taylor today.
- Body type: Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Back and sides: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance (Standard III with relief rout)
- Body finish: Gloss 6.0 , Shaded Edgeburst
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor nickel with nickel buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "Wave"/Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.