- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 500 Series 566ce 12-String Grand Symphony Acoustic Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #L00082 0000010001104068084 L000820000010001104068084
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Taylor's revitalized 500 Series mahogany guitars are brimming with appealing refinements, starting with new bracing that boosts the volume, low-end r...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The elegant Grand Symphony 12-string with the Expression System 2 Preamp
Taylor's revitalized 500 Series mahogany guitars are brimming with appealing refinements, starting with new bracing that boosts the volume, low-end richness and projection, while also making the guitars more responsive. A new top wood, Lutz spruce, joins the mix on Dreadnought and Grand Symphony models, producing a powerful sound reminiscent of Adirondack spruce. All 500 Series instruments ship in a deluxe hard shell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
Compared to the Taylor Grand Auditorium, the Grand Symphony has a bigger, rounder lower bout and slightely wider "waist" area, and the bigger sound board (top) means more tonal output. Expect a meaty lower midrange and strong treble shimmer. A GS is best if you want a guitar with a robust low end, strong volume when strumming or flatpicking, and clear articulation in response to light fingerpicking attack.
- Grand Symphony body shape, mahogany back and sides, florentine cutaway, gloss finish
- Mahogany neck, Taylor Standard Profile, ebony fingerboard, satin finish
- Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade preamp, 3 band EQ
- Nickel tuners, Micarta "Wave" saddle, Tusq nut
- Faux-tortoise-Bound sound hole, ebony bridge pins, hardshell case
A refined, easy-to-play and professional sounding 12-string. Order yours today.
- Body type: Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: Single - florentine
- Top wood: Spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance (Standard III with relief rout) X
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.87 in. (47.6 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes - Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Nickel
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave"/Tusq
- Number of strings: 12-string
- Special features: Faux-Tortoise-Bound Sound Hole, Genuine Ebony Bridge Pins
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.