- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 524ce Limited Edition Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #L13272 0000010001101268039 L132720000010001101268039
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This beautiful 524ce Limited Edition Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric features the elegantly understated Taylor 500 Series aesthetics, but with a t...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A versatile, all-walnut instrument with top-notch Taylor electronics and appointments.
This beautiful 524ce Limited Edition Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric features the elegantly understated Taylor 500 Series aesthetics, but with a top, back and sides constructed with walnut. Like koa, walnut's density and stiffness give off bright treble notes, but with a bit more midrange that sits right in the middle of rosewood and mahogany. Walnut's bass tones have a lovely "woody" character that will only grow richer over time and with extended play. This Limited Edition model comes with Taylor Expression System 2 electronics and ships in a Taylor deluxe hardshell case.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
Another beautiful hardwood, walnut has a similar density and stiffness to koa, with a similar tightness initially. Like koa, it tends to have a bright top end, but with a more present midrange, somewhere between mahogany and rosewood. Walnut also starts off a little deeper on the low end, initially giving it a slightly woodier sound than koa. The low end will continue to fill out after being played in. Walnut is a great choice for players who like a blend of brightness, projection and warm overtones.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Walnut top, back and sides
- Taylor Performance bracing
- Faux tortoiseshell binding
- Single-ring faux tortoiseshell rosette edged with ivoroid
- Mother-of- pearl "Century" fretboard inlay
- Full-gloss body
Order this limited edition Taylor today to make it yours before they're all gone.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Walnut
- Back and sides: Solid Walnut
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance with relief rout
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile 12-string
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany with ebony backstrap
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor nickel with nickel buttons
- Bridge: West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "Wave"/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear