- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 600 Series 610 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- #J14764 0000010001110095024 J147640000010001110095024
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
For a while maple might have been a bit misrepresented in the acoustic world, developing a reputation for being too bright for some, and lacking the ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Special torrefied Sitka spruce top provides a gorgeous broken-in tone right away.
- The Innovations of Taylor Guitars
- Musician's Friend Interview with Andy Powers
- Taylor Guitars: Resource Conservation
- Taylor Guitars "New 600 Series" - Maple's Revival
- Taylor Guitars "New 600 Series" - Bracing
- Taylor Guitars "New 600 Series" - Torrefied Spruce Top
- Taylor Guitars "New 600 Series" - Color and Finish
- Taylor Guitars "New 600 Series" - Aesthetics
- Taylor Guitars "Spruce Torrefaction Process"
For a while maple might have been a bit misrepresented in the acoustic world, developing a reputation for being too bright for some, and lacking the richer character of other classic tonewoods. But historically, maple has actually been one of the classic tonewoods for other stringed instruments in the violin family. Taylor has voiced its maple 600s to re-introduce its true voice to guitar players, and the results have been amazing. If you have preconceptions about maple, check them at the door, because these guitars deliver plenty of the warmth, depth, richness and sustain your ears crave in an acoustic guitar, without losing the clarity and transparency that allows maple to reflect the player and fit into a mix with other instruments. All Taylor 600 Series instruments include a deluxe Taylor hardshell case for optimal fit and protection.
The Dreadnought is one of the most traditional acoustic guitar shapes. Taylor's version has been refined to blend its trademark robust low-end tone with a snappy midrange and brilliant treble notes, producing a pleasing balance of power and articulation. If you're a flatpicker or strummer who likes to dig in on lead or rhythm, the Taylor Dreadnought will serve you well.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. 600 Series guitars feature a special seasoning process for the spruce top called torrefaction, a method of roasting the wood to produce an aged tonal character with greater acoustic resonance and responsiveness.
Traditionally known for having a focused tone with a fast note decay that cuts through a mix, our maple (back and sides) guitars have been voiced to produce greater warmth, complexity, volume, sustain and responsiveness, while retaining maple’s naturally clear, linear qualities. The clarity of the high end is still there, but the bottom end has been extended. The result is a more multi-dimensional sound that gives players the kind of musical versatility of other classic tonewoods, making Taylor's maple models a compelling choice as a primary guitar, not just a stage guitar. Taylor's maple guitars are voiced to be very reflective of the player’s technique, so a player with a dynamic playing style or someone who likes to vary their picking attack will appreciate how easily those playing nuances come through in the tonal response.
Premium features and appointments include: custom-calibrated wood thicknesses/bracing for each body shape, torrified top, hand-rubbed Brown Sugar stain (back and sides), protein glue (bracing and bridge), grained ivoroid purfling, ebony backstrap with grained ivoroid "wings" inlay, side braces, and a striped ebony pickguard.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Torrified Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Maple
- Bracing pattern: 600 Series Advanced performance Sitka Dreadnought with relief rout
- Body finish: Gloss 3.5 with Hand-Rubbed Brown Sugar Stain
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4 in. (44.5 mm)Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid hard rock maple
- Scale length: 25.5 in
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: SatinElectronics
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel with Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave"/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Order this high-quality Taylor today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.