- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 600 Series 610e Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- J14779 000001000 J14779000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This 610e Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar benefits from Taylor's revoiced maple 600 Series, featuring a package of tone-enhancing refinements th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Innovations in voicing and delicate details make this Dreadnought hard to resist.
- The Innovations of Taylor Guitars
- Musician's Friend Interview with Andy Powers
- Taylor Guitars: Resource Conservation
- Taylor Guitars "New 600 Series" - Maple's Revival
- Taylor Guitars "New 600 Series" - Bracing
- Taylor Guitars "New 600 Series" - Torrefied Spruce Top
- Taylor Guitars "New 600 Series" - Color and Finish
- Taylor Guitars "New 600 Series" - Aesthetics
- Taylor Guitars "Spruce Torrefaction Process"
This 610e Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar benefits from Taylor's revoiced maple 600 Series, featuring a package of tone-enhancing refinements that transform maple's historically bright tone profile into a richer, warmer and more complex voice.
Among the design nuances are Adirondack spruce Advanced Performance bracing, which features a maple-specific back bracing profile that enhances the guitar's responsiveness; the use of protein glues to optimize the tonal transfer between key wood components; and a thin, 3.5-mil gloss finish to minimize dampening.
A hand-rubbed Brown Sugar color treatment on the back and sides gives maple's striking figure a burnished copper glow without adding extra thickness to the finish. The spruce top is specially seasoned using torrefaction, a roasting process that helps produce an aged tonal character marked by greater acoustic resonance and responsiveness.
Featured appointments include ivoroid Wings fretboard inlays and an inlaid ebony backstrap. Other standout details include ebony binding with ivoroid body purfling; an ebony rosette edged in ivoroid; a striped ebony pickguard; Taylor nickel tuners; and Taylor's Expression System 2 acoustic electronics. The guitar includes a deluxe hardshell case.
A traditional shape for flatpickers, refined for the modern era
Designed for a hard picking attack
Deep low end with driving rhythms
Maintains overall tonal balance keeping the low end from getting "muddy"
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Spruce Adirondack
- Back & sides: Maple Figured
- Bracing pattern: Advanced performance with relief rout
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Maple Hard rock
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind the saddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Nickel
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Warranty card, adjustment tools
- Country of origin: United States
Enjoy the improved tone of this Taylor Dreadnought. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.