- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 600 Series 616ce Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #K46037 0000010001110307030 K460370000010001110307030
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
For a while maple might have been a bit misrepresented in the acoustic world, developing a reputation for being too bright for some, and lacking the ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The magnificence of maple in big body for robust tone all over the spectrum.
For a while maple might have been a bit misrepresented in the acoustic world, developing a reputation for being too bright for some, and lacking the richer character of other classic tonewoods. But historically, maple has actually been one of the classic tonewoods for other stringed instruments in the violin family. Taylor has revoiced its maple 600s, like this 616ce Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric, to re-introduce its true voice to guitar players, and the results have been amazing. If you have preconceptions about maple, check them at the door, because these guitars deliver plenty of the warmth, depth, richness and sustain your ears crave in an acoustic guitar, without losing the clarity and transparency that allows maple to reflect the player and fit into a mix with other instruments.
The 616ce Grand Symphony ships in a hardshell case for optimum fit and protection.
Compared to the Taylor Grand Auditorium, the Grand Symphony has a bigger, rounder lower bout and slightely wider "waist" area, and the bigger sound board (top) means more tonal output. Expect a meaty lower midrange and strong treble shimmer. A GS is best if you want a guitar with a robust low end, strong volume when strumming or flatpicking, and clear articulation in response to light fingerpicking attack.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. 600 Series guitars feature a special seasoning process for the spruce top called torrefaction, a method of roasting the wood to produce an aged tonal character with greater acoustic resonance and responsiveness.
Traditionally known for having a focused tone with a fast note decay that cuts through a mix, Taylor's maple (back and sides) guitars have been voiced to produce greater warmth, complexity, volume, sustain and responsiveness, while retaining maple’s naturally clear, linear qualities. The clarity of the high end is still there, but the bottom end has been extended. The result is a more multi-dimensional sound that gives players the kind of musical versatility of other classic tonewoods, making our maple models a compelling choice as a primary guitar, not just a stage guitar. Taylor's maple guitars are voiced to be very reflective of the player’s technique, so a player with a dynamic playing style or someone who likes to vary their picking attack will appreciate how easily those playing nuances come through in the tonal response.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Hand-rubbed brown sugar stain on back, sides and neck
- Torrefied top
- Custom-calibrated wood thickness/bracing
- Protein glue for bracing and bridge
- Grained ivoroid purling
- Ebony backstrap with grained ivoroid "wings" inlay
- Side braces
- Striped ebony pickguard
Order this terrific Taylor today.
- Body type: Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Torrefied Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Maple
- Bracing pattern: X 600 Series Advanced Performance Sitka Grand Symphony Bracing with relief rout
- Body finish: Gloss 3.5
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Hard rock maple
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor nickel with nickel buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "Wave"/Tusq Urea
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: None
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.