- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 812e Deluxe Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L74331 000001000 L74331000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The essence of the Taylor playing experience lives within the rosewood/spruce 800 Series. 800 Series Deluxe V-Class guitars build upon the 800 Series...Click To Read More About This Product
Beautiful spruce and rosewood pair on this V-Class acoustic-electric with ES2 electronics.
The essence of the Taylor playing experience lives within the rosewood/spruce 800 Series. 800 Series Deluxe V-Class guitars build upon the 800 Series platform by adding an exquisite, mid-century-modern-inspired Radius armrest and chrome Gotoh tuners. The Radius armrest takes the edge off the playing experience, easing the physical stress on a player's strumming or picking arm. Gotoh 510 tuners supply a higher 21:1 gear ratio to give you finely calibrated tuning control. 800 DLX instruments ship in a Taylor deluxe hardshell case for optimal fit and protection.
This 812ce Deluxe Grand Concert is packed with beautiful design. Players will appreciate the Indian rosewood pickguard and top edge trim, as well as the rosewood-edged single ring abalone rosette. Other features include the West African ebony bridge pins with green abalone dots, and the mother-of-pearl "Element" fingerboard inlay. The 812ce is completed with hard rock maple binding on the body and soundhole.
Taylor's Grand Concert is slightly smaller than its Grand Auditorium. It yields controlled overtones, so the sound won't occupy a lot of sonic space. This is key when other instruments are in the mix, since it allows the guitar to be heard more clearly. The Grand Concert pairs well with the 812ce's 12-fret neck-to-body construction, and offers an articulate voice with top-end chime. Fingerstyle player, light strummers and flatpickers will enjoy its tonal character. Its intimate size makes it lap/couch-friendly, and a great fit for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable. The shorter 12-fret neck and 24-7/8" scale length create a slinky handfeel that makes fretting and bending strings easier, and the different bridge placement articulates the top in a way that produces a powerful voice for a small body.
Tone Wood Pairing
Sitka spruce blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions, which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Solid Indian rosewood back and sides complement the Sitka top with sound that's made it one of the most popular tone woods ever. Rosewood produces the strongest bass response among the tone woods commonly used for guitars, with a slightly scooped midrange. Rosewood's sweeping frequency range - deep lows that assert a throaty growl with sparkling highs - rings out with bell-like, high-fidelity clarity. It yields a full-range acoustic voice with complex overtones and extended sustain.
Evolving past traditional X-bracing, Taylor's V-Class bracing offers an entirely new platform for acoustic performance. It is a "sonic engine" that optimizes the response of an acoustic guitar in three key ways: by boosting volume, sustain, and by largely resolving the intonation (in-tune-ness) issues that have plagued acoustic guitars. V-Class bracing creates purer, more orderly notes that don't cancel each other out or sound "off". They have clearer, more consistent response, and the whole fretboard is brought into greater sonic alignment for a more musical playing/listening experience.
Guitars with V-Class bracing are easier to tune; the pitch sounds purer and more solid, and electronic tuners can more easily locate notes for quick, precise tuning. Other benefits: harmonics ring more uniformly down the neck, notes are louder with more projection and sustain, and notes are more consistent, i.e., upper register notes don't get choked out or swallowed. Fewer "sour" sonic qualities exist with chords. A more agreeable relationship is created between notes as they ripen, bloom and decay.
The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, the ES2 produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
This is a Taylor acoustic-electric you'll play for years to come. Order today.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Concert
- Cutaway: None
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: V-Class Grand Concert Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss Top, Back and Sides
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Neo-Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 24-7/8"
- Number of frets: 18
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel Slot Head with Ebony Tuners
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Black Graphite Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Radius Armrest with Indian Rosewood Insert
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.