- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 816ce Rosewood/Spruce Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- H79710 000001000 H79710000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Taylor's second offering in Indian rosewood, the 800 Series traces its roots to the earliest Taylors. Bob' latest design changes speak of traditional...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A premium instrument with a Sitka spruce top, Indian rosewood back and sides, and Taylor Expression System electronics.
Taylor's second offering in Indian rosewood, the 800 Series traces its roots to the earliest Taylors. Bob' latest design changes speak of traditional lutherie in the form of hand-set, curly maple binding. It' a gorgeous upgrade that complements the beautiful hues of rosewood and sparkling inlay work. For many, the 800 Series is a true Taylor icon. The 816ce Rosewood/Spruce Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric Guitar with its Sitka/rosewood combo casts a commanding presence as a GS. A cutaway and the Taylor ES prime it for every type of playing.
Indian rosewood seems as if it was created to be on a guitar. The clarity, balance, sustain, excellent bass response, and wonderful coloration and figure are without equal. Paired with Sitka spruce, it is an unstoppable combination.
Grand Symphony (GS)
Though you might see similarities to a Grand Auditorium, the GS is unique in both sound and shape. Significant changes in its geometry yield a deeper, more piano-like bass. A wider lower bout and higher, wider waist return ample volume and low-end sustain, in symphony with fuller mids and balanced highs.
Using proprietary pickup technology developed at Taylor, the Expression System® amplifies your guitar with an unrivaled, natural live sound. Onboard tone controls provide added flavor, or set flat for an uncolored, exceptionally-clean amplified sound. It' your tone. Amplified.
The finish used to create this guitar's lustrous gloss top, back, and sides was developed at Taylor for maximum durability and resistance to cold-checking. This ultraviolet-cured finish is also more environmentally friendly than traditional lacquer finishes. Available in natural finish.
- Shape: Grand Symphony
- Back/Side Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Electronics: ES
- Bracing: CV Bracing with Relief Rout
- Binding: Curly Maple
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard Inlay: 800 Series
- Headstock Overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Bridge Pins: Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq
- Tuners: Taylor Gold
- Truss Rod Cover: Indian Rosewood
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Taylor hardshell case
Enjoy signature Taylor tone and playability. Order today.
- Body Width: 16-1/4"
- Body Depth: 4-5/8"
- Body Length: 20"
- Overall Length: 41"
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.