- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor Builder's Edition V-Class 912ce Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L73576 000002000 L73576000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Taylor Builder's Edition 912ce acoustic-electric is one of the latest models in master designer Andy Powers'ultra-premium class of guitars. In de...Click To Read More About This Product
An electric player's acoustic, with V-Class bracing, ES2 electronics and Indian rosewood and Lutz spruce tonewood pairing.
The Taylor Builder's Edition 912ce acoustic-electric is one of the latest models in master designer Andy Powers'ultra-premium class of guitars. In designing the models in his Builder’s Edition collection, Powers exercised full creative freedom, and we here at Musician’s Friend couldn’t be more excited about the four new models. Powers designed the Builder’s Edition 912ce with the electric guitar player in mind. With the Indian rosewood back and sides, Lutz spruce top and additional premium features, the 912ce offers a rich and articulate acoustic voice that will quickly enunciate every nuance of your performance, across the entire register.
Premium Features Designed for the Electric PlayerThe Builder’s Edition 912ce packs a variety of attractive playing features into a guitar that Powers envisioned as the quintessential electric player’s acoustic guitar. This model boasts a compact body, beveled armrest and cutaway, chamfered body and fretboard edges and 24-7/8" scale length. These features translate into an ultra-comfortable acoustic that handles exceptionally well for fretting. It also produces a precise, high-fidelity, super-fast response like an electric guitar.
Compact Body Shape Yields Controlled OvertonesTaylor’s Grand Concert body is slightly smaller than its Grand Auditorium. However, though it’s small in size it has the ability to yield controlled overtones so the sound won’t occupy a lot of sonic space. Players find this to be a key consideration when other instruments are in the mix. If you’re in a performance or recording environment, the 912ce can be heard more clearly. With its intimate size, it’s also the perfect instrument for your lap or the couch. Additionally, this model is a great choice for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable. Thanks to the bridge’s position near the center of the lower bout, the smaller body yields surprising tonal power, midrange warmth and vibrancy. The design is physically efficient with a strong projection. Even though it may be small in size, it sounds like a huge instrument.
900 Series Ornamentation and Innovative ElectronicsFrom an aesthetic standpoint, this guitar pulls from Taylor’s 900 Series ornamentation. IT features paua purfling in the top and back, with koa fretboard and peghead trim, a paua abalone rosette with ebony and koa accents, and a new Bellefluer fretboard/peghead inlay in mother-of-pearl and pink abalone. Additionally, the 912ce is also equipped with Taylor’s innovation Expression System 2 electronics. This pickup design features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. As the pickup isn’t designed to sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge. This design allows for all the nuance of the guitar’s tone to come through clearly, whether you’re playing acoustically or plugged-in.
Topping off this incredibly sounding instrument is Taylor’s award-winning V-Class bracing system—a fundamental innovation in acoustic guitar design. V-Class bracing improves an acoustic guitar’s fundamental sound, creating better volume, sustain and intonation. Its architecture can also be modified and integrated with other design elements to create dramatically varying tonal flavors.
The Quintessential Acoustic Guitar for Electric PlayersIf you want an acoustic guitar that produces a precise, high-fidelity, super-fast response like an electric guitar, the Taylor Builder’s Edition 912ce is for you. It’s a great tool for leads and most genres, whether you’re playing rock, jazz or fingerstyle acoustic. It’s also great for recording and, with its high-end appointments, it’ll sound and look great onstage.
More on the Builder’s EditionAndy Powers’ Builder’s Edition collection originally debuted in 2018 to introduce Taylor’s new V-Class bracing system. This line of Taylor acoustic-electric guitars offers the most player-friendly experience in both sound and feel. Taylor’s Builder’s Edition collection is essentially like Powers’ “director’s cut” version of a V-Class guitar. But with the Builder’s Edition models, Powers applies refined craftsmanship details not typically offered on standard Taylor models. All of this is done to ultimate elevate your playing experience when holding a Taylor.
- Solid Indian rosewood back and sides and solid torrefied Lutz spruce top with V-Class bracing for a broad dynamic range and crisp articulation
- 24-7/8" tropical mahogany neck, genuine West African fingerboard and bridge with beveled cutaway and armrest, chamfered body edges, rolled fretboard edges and a Curve Wing bridge for ultimate playing comfort
- Gotoh 21:1 antique gold tuners with gold buttons, Expression System 2 electronics for a clear and crisp tone, whether playing acoustically or plugged-in
- Silent Satin finish for a professional, stage-ready look
A 900 Series with all the appointments that will have you playing this guitar for years to come. Order today.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Concert
- Cutaway: Beveled Cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Torrified Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor V-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Silent Satin Finish (available Wild Honey Burst or Natural Top)
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 24-7/8"
- Number of frets: 18
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 21:1 Antique Gold Tuners with Gold Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Teflon-Infused Graphite Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Beveled cutaway, beveled armrest, chamfered body edges, rolled fretboard edges, Curve Wing bridge, Silent Satin finish, Belle Fleur MOP/Paua Fretboard and Peghead inlays and Paua top and back purfling
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.