- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor Custom 514ce Florentine Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #J40743 0000010001109156109 J407430000010001109156109
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Taylor's revitalized 500 Series mahogany guitars are brimming with appealing refinements, starting with new bracing that boosts the volume, low-end r...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The rare combo of tropical mahogany and Lutz spruce paired with Taylor's topnotch electronics and appointments make this a dynamic performer.
Taylor's revitalized 500 Series mahogany guitars are brimming with appealing refinements, starting with new bracing that boosts the volume, low-end richness and projection, while also making the guitars more responsive. A new top wood, Lutz spruce, joins the mix on this Custom 514ce Florentine Grand Auditorium, producing a powerful sound reminiscent of Adirondack spruce. All 500 Series instruments ship in a deluxe hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Lutz Spruce is a naturally occuring hybrid of Sitka and white spruce. Sitka is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era because it blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Lutz spruce takes these attributes and blends them with those of white and Englemann spruce, with an end result resembling old Adirondack spruce. When combined with Taylor's bracing architecture, guitars are more powerful, richer and louder than before. Tropical mahogany is known for a meaty midrange featuring a strong fundamental without adding a lot of ringing overtones. It responds well to players with a strong attack who like dry, earthy, lo-fi sounds. It has a natural compression that smooths out strumming and picking technique. Mahogany's clear and direct tonal character makes it a great option for playing and standing out among other instruments.
Expression System 2 Electronics
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Premium features include Florentine cutaway, tortoise body and sound hole binding, African ebony fingerboard binding and heel cap, grained ivoroid "Century" fingerboard inlay pattern and peghead logo, Gotoh 510 tuners.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Lutz Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance Bracing (Standard III Forward Shift with Relief Rout)
- Body finish: Gloss 6.0
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Antique Gold Tuners with Gold Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: See "Other Features" Above
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Order this special guitar today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.