- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor Custom Euro Maple Grand Auditorium Acoustic Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L70435 000001000 L70435000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This custom limited edition Grand Auditorium is limited to a total production of 12. It features premium back and sides made of solid hand-selected E...Click To Read More About This Product
Maple and spruce pair with premium Taylor features for a stunning limited edition acoustic-electric.
This custom limited edition Grand Auditorium is limited to a total production of 12. It features premium back and sides made of solid hand-selected European Maple, a European Spruce top, and revolutionary V-Class bracing. It is beautifully appointed with a Spring Maple Vine Koa inlay, Koa single-ring abalone rosette with bound Soundhole, Goto 510 Antique Gold Tuners, and ES2 electronics. For added comfort and playability, the body is fashioned with a Beveled Armrest. Standard specs for this model include a 25-1/2" scale length, a 1-3/4" nut width, and a Venetian cutaway. The guitar ships in a deluxe Taylor hardshell case.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. For players seeking a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
Tone Wood Pairing
Maple instruments are traditionally known for having a focused tone with a fast note decay that cuts through a mix. Taylor maple body guitars have been voiced to produce greater warmth, complexity, volume, sustain and responsiveness, while retaining maple’s naturally clear, linear qualities. The clarity of the high end is still there, but the bottom end has been extended. The result is a more multi-dimensional sound that gives players the kind of musical versatility of other classic tonewoods, making Taylor's maple models a compelling choice as a primary guitar, not just a stage guitar. Taylor maple guitars are voiced to be very reflective of the player's technique, so a player with a dynamic playing style or someone who likes to vary their picking attack will appreciate how easily those playing nuances come through in the tonal response.
For this custom Limited Edition, Taylor paired the body with a European Spruce top. European Spruce is a slow-growing tonewood that is lightweight and tremendously flexible, yet has the right amount of stiffness for added sustain. This combination of tonewoods produce an instrument that has beautiful color, sustain and articulation. It's dynamic, expressive and reactive to every note in a musical performance.
Taylor's V-Class bracing is a fundamental innovation in acoustic guitar design. It marks an important evolution beyond traditional X-bracing, introducing an entirely new platform for acoustic performance. It is essentially a "sonic engine" that optimizes the response of an acoustic guitar in three key ways: by boosting volume, sustain and by largely resolving the intonation (in-tune-ness) issues that have long plagued acoustic guitars. V-Class bracing creates purer, more orderly notes that don't cancel each other out or sound "off". They have clearer, more consistent response, and the whole fretboard is brought into greater sonic alignment for a more musical playing/listening experience.
Guitars with V-Class bracing are easier to tune; the pitch sounds purer and more solid, and electronic tuners can more easily locate notes for quick, precise tuning. Other benefits: harmonics ring more uniformly down the neck, notes are louder with more projection and sustain, and notes are more consistent, i.e., upper register notes don't get choked out or swallowed. Fewer "sour" sonic qualities exist with chords; a more agreeable relationship is created between notes as they ripen, bloom and decay.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor's ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor's patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in.
Together with Taylor's custom-designed "professional audio"-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Don't wait to snag one of these custom limited edition acoustic-electric guitars. Order today.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Yes - Venetian
- Top wood: European Spruce Top
- Back & sides: European Maple with Koa Wedge
- Bracing pattern: V-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss Top, Back and Sides
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Neo-Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Goto 510 Antique Gold Tuners
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta Saddle; Black Tusk Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Beveled Armrest, Koa Spring Vine Inlay Pattern, European Spruce Top, Limited to a total production of 12
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.