- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor Custom Grand Auditorium 12-Fret #11090 Sinker Redwood and Cocobolo Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L53746 000001000 L53746000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This Custom Taylor 12-Fret Grand Auditorium model was originally presented at the 2019 Namm show in Anaheim, California, where Taylor displays its mo...Click To Read More About This Product
Highly appointed 12-fret Taylor original with special tonewood combination, Taylor original electronics.
This Custom Taylor 12-Fret Grand Auditorium model was originally presented at the 2019 Namm show in Anaheim, California, where Taylor displays its most ornate, exotic and unique custom instruments. The special features of this sinker redwood/cocobolo (body) instrument include: flamed koa binding, uniquely-figured African ebony fingerboard, koa rosette, Ocean Vine peghead inlay made of koa and boxwood, koa peghead logo, and bone bridge pins with abalone dots.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
A player favorite for its origins, sinker redwood soundboards are sliced from huge old-growth redwood logs reclaimed from the depths of Northern California rivers, where they’ve rested in many cases for more than a century. The tops typically display a rich spectrum of variegation, the result of colors uniquely imparted from silt and the mineral-rich water. The age and size of these trees translate into a tight grain with nice cross-grain stiffness, so it will tend to have a fairly bold response, with a brilliance complemented by warm overtones similar to cedar. In fact, it’s often characterized around the Taylor factory as "cedar on steroids." It's great for players who like the warm overtones of cedar with a little extra brightness and headroom. A Mexican rosewood, cocobolo is a dense, stiff tropical hardwood that produces a fairly bright overall tone emphasized by sparkling treble notes. Sonically it resembles koa but resonates a little deeper on the low end, although not quite as deep as Indian rosewood. Fast and responsive, cocobolo’s note distinction gives it an articulate voice that responds well to a variety of playing styles, depending on the body shape.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable, playable and serviceable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- One-off custom guitar purchased straight off the NAMM show floor
- Flamed koa binding
- Uniquely-figured "Cheetah" African ebony fingerboard
- Koa rosette
- Ocean Vine peghead inlay made of koa and boxwood
- Koa peghead logo
- Bone bridge pins with abalone dots
Order this one-of-a-kind Taylor custom guitar today before someone else snatches it up.
- Body type: 12-fret Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Top wood: Solid sinker redwood
- Back and sides: Solid cocobolo
- Bracing pattern: Adirondack GA-12-Fret
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Solid mahogany
- Neck wood: Solid mahogany
- Scale length: 24.87"
- Number of frets: 18
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 21:1 chrome tuners with chrome buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone /Micarta saddle
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.