Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
One-off model from NAMM show floor with solid tonewood pairing, beautiful appointments.
Compared to the Taylor Grand Auditorium, the Grand Symphony has a bigger, rounder lower bout and slightly wider "waist" area, and the bigger soundboard (top) means more tonal output. Expect a meaty lower midrange and strong treble shimmer. A GS is best if you want a guitar with a robust low end, strong volume when strumming or flatpicking, and clear articulation in response to light fingerpicking attack.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translate into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Adirondack is even more dynamic than Sitka, with a higher ceiling for volume. The payoff is the ability to drive top hard and hear it get louder and louder without losing clarity; it’s hard to outplay it. Another sonic nuance that Bob Taylor loves about Adirondack is "an undeniable sweetness in every note, especially in the mids." Adirondack is a great fit for aggressive flatpickers or strummers. Bocote is a beautiful wood that comes from Mexico and is found in the same areas as cocobolo. It shares tonal similarities with cocobolo too. Visually, rather than cocobolo’s rusty red colors, bocote has the dark veins mixed with olive and dusty brown tints.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
DifferenceWhat sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable, playable and serviceable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Extremely limited one-off custom model from NAMM show floor
- Ebony bindingAbalone/paua rosette
- Abalone trim on the top, back and sidesEbony bridge pins with abalone dots
- Tropical Vine fingerboard inlay made of paua and mother-of-pearl
Like what you see? Grab it before someone else does. Order now.
Custom Grand Symphony #11096 Acoustic-Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body type: Taylor Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Bocote
- Bracing pattern: Sitka Performance Bracing
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 21:1 Antique Gold Tuners with Antique Gold Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone Nut, Micarta Saddle
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.