- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor Custom Grand Symphony #11096 Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L53749 000001000 L53749000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This Custom Taylor Grand Symphony acoustic-electric guitar (#11096) was originally presented at the 2019 NAMM show in Anaheim, California, where Tayl...Click To Read More About This Product
One-off model from NAMM show floor with solid tonewood pairing, beautiful appointments.
This Custom Taylor Grand Symphony acoustic-electric guitar (#11096) was originally presented at the 2019 NAMM show in Anaheim, California, where Taylor displays its most ornate, exotic and unique custom instruments. The special features of this Adirondack/bocote (body) instrument include: a premium Adirondack top, ebony binding, an abalone/paua rosette, abalone trim on the top, back and sides, ebony bridge pins with abalone dots, and a Tropical Vine fingerboard inlay made of Paua and mother-of-pearl.
Compared to the Taylor Grand Auditorium, the Grand Symphony has a bigger, rounder lower bout and slightly wider "waist" area, and the bigger soundboard (top) means more tonal output. Expect a meaty lower midrange and strong treble shimmer. A GS is best if you want a guitar with a robust low end, strong volume when strumming or flatpicking, and clear articulation in response to light fingerpicking attack.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translate into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Adirondack is even more dynamic than Sitka, with a higher ceiling for volume. The payoff is the ability to drive top hard and hear it get louder and louder without losing clarity; it’s hard to outplay it. Another sonic nuance that Bob Taylor loves about Adirondack is "an undeniable sweetness in every note, especially in the mids." Adirondack is a great fit for aggressive flatpickers or strummers. Bocote is a beautiful wood that comes from Mexico and is found in the same areas as cocobolo. It shares tonal similarities with cocobolo too. Visually, rather than cocobolo’s rusty red colors, bocote has the dark veins mixed with olive and dusty brown tints.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
DifferenceWhat sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable, playable and serviceable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Extremely limited one-off custom model from NAMM show floor
- Ebony bindingAbalone/paua rosette
- Abalone trim on the top, back and sidesEbony bridge pins with abalone dots
- Tropical Vine fingerboard inlay made of paua and mother-of-pearl
Like what you see? Grab it before someone else does. Order now.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Bocote
- Bracing pattern: Sitka Performance Bracing
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 21:1 Antique Gold Tuners with Antique Gold Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone Nut, Micarta Saddle
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.