- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor Custom Macassar Ebony Grand Auditorium Acoustic Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L70437 000001000 L70437000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This custom limited edition Grand Auditorium features back and sides of solid Macassar Ebony, a Redwood top, and V-Class bracing, Figured Hawaiian Ko...Click To Read More About This Product
Gorgeous Macassar Ebony pairs beautifully with other tone woods for this limited edition acoustic-electric.
This custom limited edition Grand Auditorium features back and sides of solid Macassar Ebony, a Redwood top, and V-Class bracing, Figured Hawaiian Koa Binding, Mother Of Pearl Element inlays, and Goto 510 Chrome tuners. Standard specs include a 25-1/2" scale length, a 1-3/4" nut width, a Venetian cutaway, and ES2 electronics. The instrument includes a deluxe Taylor hardshell case. Limited to a total production of six, this guitar will be a welcome addition to any serious guitar collection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. For players seeking a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
Tone Wood Pairing
For this custom Limited Edition, Taylor selected the last six sets of Macassar Ebony that they had in their possession. The combination of a Lutz Spruce top and Madagascar body offers the player unprecedented tone, with a balanced low-end, articulated midrange, and precise high-end attack. This unique blend of tone woods is reminiscent of the vintage rosewood and Adirondak guitars of yesterday, but with a more contemporary twist to the overall sound. The sound is expressive, dynamic and equipped to react to any style of musical performance. The presence of V-Class bracing intensifies the sonic quality of the Redwood Macassar Ebony pairing, making the guitar a real treat to play. It's a perfect instrument for just about any musical style, and one that will complement any sophisticated guitar collection.
Taylor's V-Class bracing is a fundamental innovation in acoustic guitar design. It marks an important evolution beyond traditional X-bracing, introducing an entirely new platform for acoustic performance. It is essentially a "sonic engine" that optimizes the response of an acoustic guitar in three key ways: by boosting volume, sustain, and by largely resolving the intonation (in-tune-ness) issues that have long plagued acoustic guitars. V-Class bracing creates purer, more orderly notes that don't cancel each other out or sound "off". They have clearer, more consistent response, and the whole fretboard is brought into greater sonic alignment for a more musical playing/listening experience.
Guitars with V-Class bracing are easier to tune; the pitch sounds purer and more solid, and electronic tuners can more easily locate notes for quick, precise tuning. Other benefits: harmonics ring more uniformly down the neck, notes are louder with more projection and sustain, and notes are more consistent, i.e., upper register notes don't get choked out or swallowed. Fewer "sour" sonic qualities exist with chords; a more agreeable relationship is created between notes as they ripen, bloom and decay.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor's ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor's patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in.
Together with Taylor's custom-designed "professional audio"-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
With only 6 in production, don't wait to snag this beautiful limited edition Taylor. Order today.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Yes - Venetian
- Top wood: Hand-Selected Redwood
- Back & sides: Hand-selected Macassar Ebony
- Bracing pattern: V-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss Top, Back and Sides
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Neo-Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Goto 510 Antique Gold Tuners
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta Saddle; Black Tusk Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Taylor's last six sets of Macassar Ebony, Abalone Paua Single Ring Bound Soundhole, Figured Hawaiian Koa Binding
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.