- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor GS Mini Series GS Mini-e Koa Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K37115 000001000 K37115000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
There's something undeniably inviting about the Taylor GS Mini's scaled-down size, yet a single strum reveals the impressive voice of a full-size gui...Click To Read More About This Product
Comfortably sized guitar with beautiful tonewood that also looks amazing too.
There's something undeniably inviting about the Taylor GS Mini's scaled-down size, yet a single strum reveals the impressive voice of a full-size guitar. That mix of portability and musicality has proven to be a winning combination that fits into so many scenarios in life, from the couch to the campfire to the concert hall. It's not too big. It's not too precious. It's not too expensive. That broad-based accessibility has given it a resounding universal appeal, not to mention a built-in fun factor. The shorter 23-1/2 in. scale length makes forming chords a breeze yet gives the instrument plenty of snap and tuning stability for a rewarding playing experience. The acoustic-electric versions, like this GS Mini-e Koa Acoustic-Electric, come with Taylor's reliable ES-B electronics. All GS-Mini models include a durable hard bag built by Taylor for the optimal fit.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. The GS Mini-E Koa features solid Hawaiian Koa, a hardwood that produces a natural compression, yielding more of a controlled "roll-in" effect to a note. The compression evens out a lively attack for a more balanced response. It delivers strong fundamentals with clear and direct focus - similar to mahogany - but with extra top-end shimmer and chime. The arched back of the guitar generates more sound from a small- bodied instrument, and using layered wood back and sides create a sturdy yet receptive platform for the vibrating string energy sent by the guitar's top. Layered wood is also less succeptible to changes in temperature and humidity, making it an excellent choice for players who travel with their instruments or simply require more durability.
The GS Mini-e Koa is amplified via the Expression System Basic (ES-B) system, which incorporates piezo design elements from the flagship Taylor ES2 system. It's powered by an onboard preamp that includes a built-in digital chromatic tuner, an LED display for tuning and low battery indication, and Tone and Volume controls. The preamp/tuner is powered by two button cell 3v lithium (CR2032) batteries. Two new batteries will provide approximately 300 hours of use. The ES-B conserves battery life using a standard on/off system that will automatically turn off if left on over 3 minutes. A low battery indicator on the LED display (located on the preamp circuit board) will display an “L” when the battery reaches 4.5 volts.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Pickup/preamp combo with built-in chromatic tuner
- Clean, symmetrical look Hawaiian koa top with layered koa body
- Black plastic truss rod
- Three-ring rosette
- Scarf neck joint
- Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium strings
Mini guitar at a mini price. Get yours now. Order today.
- Body type: Grand Symphony Mini
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Hawaiian koa
- Back and sides: Layered Koa
- Bracing pattern: GS Mini with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Matte 2.0 Varnish
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor GS Mini Profile
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African ebony
- Neck wood: Sapele
- Scale length: 23.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Matte 2.0 Varnish
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Lexan
- Tuning machines: Chrome GS Mini with chrome buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "Wave"/NuBone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hard bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.