- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor GS5-12 Left-Handed 12-String Grand Symphony Acoustic Guitar (2011 Model)
- Write a Review
- Product 482269
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The lerft-handed Taylor GS5-12 is a 12-string Grand Symphony acoustic guitar that combines the exceptionally warm and articulate tones of tropical ma...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
With outstanding playability and rich, powerful tone.
The lerft-handed Taylor GS5-12 is a 12-string Grand Symphony acoustic guitar that combines the exceptionally warm and articulate tones of tropical mahogany with a Western red cedar top. You get a guitar with wide dynamic range and mellow warm tone. The traditional acoustic guitar styling of the Taylor GS5-12 creates an elegant, understated look, but with the power and richness only a 12-string guitar can deliver.
Though you might see similarities to a Grand Auditorium, the Grand Symphony guitar is unique in both sound and shape. Significant changes in its geometry yield a deeper more piano like bass. A wider lower bout and higher, wider waist return ample volume and low-end sustain in symphony with fuller mids and balanced highs.
The finish used to create this Taylor 12-string guitar's lustrous gloss top, back, and sides was developed at Taylor for maximum durability and resistance to cold-checking. This ultraviolet-cured finish is also more environmentally friendly than traditional lacquer finishes.
- Type/Shape: Left-Handed 12-String Grand Symphony
- Back & Sides: Tropical American Mahogany
- Top: Western Red Cedar
- Soundhole Rosette: Abalone
- Neck: Tropical American Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony with Binding
- Fretboard Inlay: Abalone Dots
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge: Ebony
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Gold-plated Taylor Tuners
- Strings: Elixir Medium Gauge Strings with NANOWEB Coating
- Scale Length: 25-1/2 Inches
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Neck Width at Nut: 1-3/4 Inches
- Number of Frets: 20
- Bracing: Standard II (Forward Shifted Pattern W/Relief Rout)
- Finish: Gloss
- Color Options: Natural with Tobacco Edgeburst
- Left-Handed: Available; No Additional Charge
- Body Width: 16 inches
- Body Depth: 4-5/8 Inches
- Body Length: 20 Inches
- Overall Length: 41 Inches
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell
A 12-string as only Taylor could make. Order yours today!