- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor K14ce V-Class Builder's Edition Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #K82381 000001000 K82381000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Taylor's Master Guitar Designer, Andy Powers conceived the K14ce V-Class Builder's Edition Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar to combine Old W...Click To Read More About This Product
Remarkable guitar from Taylor's Master Builder with torrified Sitka spruce top and plenty of refinements to make it a true standout.
- Taylor Guitars V-Class Bracing with Andy Powers - Winter NAMM 2018
- Introducing Builder’s Edition | Taylor Guitars
- Announcing V-Class Bracing | Taylor Guitars
- What is V-Class Bracing? | Taylor Guitars
- How does V-Class Bracing Work? | Taylor Guitars
- Taylor Artists on V-Class Bracing | Taylor Guitars
- Taylor Builder's Edition K14ce V-Class Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Taylor's Master Guitar Designer, Andy Powers conceived the K14ce V-Class Builder's Edition Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar to combine Old World aesthetic qualities with the latest Taylor innovations. This version features a torrified Sitka spruce top with solid koa back and sides. The Builder's Edition is essentially Andy's "Director's Cut" edition with additional playing features and a distinct visual aesthetic. Exlusive to the Builder's Edition: beveled armrest and beveled cutaway with neck heel contouring, "Silent" satin finish with Kona burst, inlaid purfling body edge treatment, paua fingerboard/peghead inlays and rosette, paua edge trim (top and back), premium Gotoh tuners with 21:1 ratio and Expression System 2 electronics. The K14ce V-Class Builder's Edition Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar ships in a Taylor deluxe hardshell case for optimal fit and protection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. This Builder's Edition guitar features a special seasoning process for the spruce top called torrefaction, a method of roasting the wood to produce an aged tonal character with greater acoustic resonance and responsiveness. As to the back and sides, Koa is a fairly dense tropical hardwood with a strong midrange focus similar to mahogany, with a bit of extra top-end brightness and chime. The more koa is played and has a chance to open up - especially when the back and sides are also solid koa - it promises to grow warmer, sweeter, and even more inspiring.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged- in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Taylor's V-Class bracing is a fundamental innovation in acoustic guitar design. It marks an important evolution beyond traditional X-bracing, introducing an entirely new platform for acoustic performance. It is essentially an "engine" that optimizes the response of an acoustic guitar in three key ways: by boosting volume, sustain, and by largely resolving the intonation issues that have long plagued acoustic guitars. V-Class bracing creates purer, more orderly notes that don't cancel each other out or sound "off". They have clearer, more consistent response, and the whole fretboard is brought into greater sonic alignment for a more musical playing/listening experience. Guitars with V-Class bracing are easier to tune; the pitch sounds purer and more solid, and electronic tuners can more easily locate notes for quick, precise tuning. Other benefits: harmonics ring more uniformly down the neck, notes are louder with more projection and sustain, and notes are more consistent, i.e., upper register notes don't get choked out or swallowed. Fewer "sour" sonic qualities exist with chords; a more agreeable relationship is created between notes as they ripen, bloom and decay.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically- sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Beveled armrest and beveled cutaway with neck heel contouring
- "Silent" satin finish with Kona burst
- Inlaid purfling body edge treatment
- Paua fingerboard/peghead inlays and rosette
- Paua edge trim (top and back)
- Premium Gotoh tuners
This is in a V-Class all it's own. Make it one you own with a quick click or call today.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Figured Hawiian Koa
- Bracing pattern: Not specified V-Class Bracing with relief rout
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh gold with gold buttons
- Bridge: West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Black graphite /Micarta "wave" saddle
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.