- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor K66ce 12-String Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #L00690 0000010001111207020 L006900000010001111207020
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Words fail to adequately convey what might be referred to in Hawaiian as the nani ko-kı- (supremely beautiful) appearance of Taylor's Hawaiian koa gu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Special finish makes this all-solid koa 12-strig even more exotic.
Words fail to adequately convey what might be referred to in Hawaiian as the nani ko-kı- (supremely beautiful) appearance of Taylor's Hawaiian koa guitars, especially those featuring an all-koa body like this K66ce 12-String Grand Symphony acoustic-electric. Taylor celebrates that beauty with an all-wood appointment scheme. A hand-sprayed shaded edgeburst enhances koa’s rich blend of color, figure and grain structure, adding a tasteful vintage aura. Additional details include a lustrous gloss finish on the body, "Spring Vine" maple inlay on the fretboard and peghead, and big leaf maple binding on the body, rosette and logo. The K66ce 12-String ships in a Taylor deluxe hardshell case for optimal fit and protection.
Compared to the Taylor Grand Auditorium, the Grand Symphony has a bigger, rounder lower bout and slightely wider "waist" area, and the bigger sound board (top) means more tonal output. Expect a meaty lower midrange and strong treble shimmer. A GS is best if you want a guitar with a robust low end, strong volume when strumming or flatpicking, and clear articulation in response to light fingerpicking attack.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Think of the top as a speaker driver. It's also one reason why the sounboard bracing architecture is important - it helps orchestrate the movement of the top and the voice of the instrument. The back and sides help flavor the overall sound. Koa is a fairly dense tropical hardwood with a strong midrange focus similar to mahogany, with a bit of extra top-end brightness and chime. The more koa is played and has a chance to open up - especially when the back and sides are also solid koa - it promises to grow warmer and sweeter, especially in the midrange.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Building remarkable 12-strings is part of Taylor's heritage. Their ease-of-play, their neck stability, their intonation and their overall tone has made them the most popular 12-strings on the market. Taylor's distinctive Double-Compensated saddle creates an even plane so a guitar pick will make contact across all the strings evenly. Taylor's slim neck profile and Taylor Neck system allow precise and low action, resulting in the most comfortable "handfeel" possible in a 12-string guitar.
- Gloss finish with Shaded Edge Burst on back, sides, top
- Satin finish with Shaded Edge Burst on neck
- "Spring Vine" maple fretboard and peghead inlays
- Big leaf maple binding on body, rosette and logo
- Ships in deluxe hardshell case
A 12-string made of koa? Oh my...Make it yours with a quick click or call.
- Body type: Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: Florentine
- Top wood: Solid Hawaiian koa
- Back and sides: Solid Hawaiian koa
- Bracing pattern: Sitka Performance bracing
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor profile
- Nut width: 1.87" (47.6 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African ebony with maple "Spring Vine" inlay
- Tuning machines: Taylor gold tuners with gold buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 12
- Special features: None
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear