- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor Taylor Custom #10028 12-Fret Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Shaded Edge Burst
- Write a Review
- J50956 000001000 J50956000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A custom Taylor guitar is something truly special. Taylor loves to showcase custom configurations that highlight tonewoods and aesthetic elements not...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Get wowed by the warmth of walnut and the excellence of ES2 electronics.
A custom Taylor guitar is something truly special. Taylor loves to showcase custom configurations that highlight tonewoods and aesthetic elements not offered through its standard product line. So every year, Taylor makes available a number of irresistable, one-off beauties at the annual NAMM show in Anaheim, California. This hand-selected custom instrument is such an example.
Taylor's Grand Concert is slightly smaller that its Grand Auditorium and yields controlled overtones, so the sound won't occupy a lot of sonic space. This is often a key consideration when other instruments are in the mix, such as in a performance or recording environment, and it allows the guitar to be heard more clearly. The Grand Concert pairs well with both 14-fret and 12-fret neck- to-body construction, and offers an articulate voice with top-end chime. It's perfect for fingerstyle players and light strummers, though flatpickers are known to enjoy its tonal character too. Its intimate size makes it lap/couch- friendly, and a great fit for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable. Taylor’s compact Grand Concert 12-fret guitars deliver a uniquely inspiring playing experience. The shorter 12-fret neck and 24-7/8 in. scale length create a slinky handfeel that makes fretting and bending strings.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Think of the top as a speaker driver. It's also one reason why the sounboard bracing architecture is important - it helps orchestrate the movement of the top and the voice of the instrument. The back and sides help flavor the overall sound. Solid, figured walnut is aesthetically beautiful and an excellent platform yielding a unique voice for this custom model.
aylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Custom features include special ebony fingerboard and bridge, bloodwood binding, bloodwood rosette with bound soundhole, mother-of-pearl Taylor logo, and a custom "Ghost Diamond" inlay made of mother-of-pearl and bloodwood.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically- sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Grand Concert/OO
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Walnut
- Back & sides: Solid AA Walnut
- Bracing pattern: Taylor 12-Fret
- Body finish: Gloss Shaded Edge Burst
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.87 in.
- Number of frets: 18
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 510 Antique Gold Tuners with Black Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave"/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: See "Other Features"
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Grab this custom model today. Order now.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.