Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Full-scale performance in an ultra-compact design.
The proprietary In-Body tuning system uses standard tuning machines relocated into the body to create a guitar that has a full-scale neck, yet is substantially shorter than full size guitars. The lack of a headstock and a small, ergonomic body allow the guitar to be 23% shorter and 31% lighter than a full size electric, all while preserving the same full-scale playing experience you’re used to. At just 29 ½” long, the EG-2 stows easily in airline overhead compartments and weighs less than 5 pounds.
Two precision-placed single-coil pickups feed into the EG-2’s built-in classic Pocket Rock-it headphone amplifier, which is custom-designed to produce classic clean and distortion sounds through headphones or when plugged into an amplifier. Players can also go passive into their amp of choice. The EG-2’s onboard electronics include a 1/8” AUX IN jack so players can jam with tracks from an external device such as an mp3 or CD player. Additional controls include Tone & Volume knobs and a 3-way pickup selector.
The EG-2 also boasts more traditional guitar features such as an Alder body, American Hard Maple neck, ebonized Rosewood fretboard, standard strap pins and a fully adjustable truss rod.
The Traveler Guitar EG-2 is the perfect solution for traveling players unwilling to compromise on scale length, but still looking for a small and light-weight solution. This guitar is an ideal carry-on guitar as well because it stows easily in airline overhead compartments in its included deluxe gig bag.
- Compact, gloss-finish solid alder body
- 25.5"-scale maple zero-fret neck with 21-fret, 15.75"-radius ebonized black walnut fingerboard
- Dual proprietary single-coil alnico pickups with 3-way pickups selector, built-in headphone amp
- Adjustable roller bridge with proprietary in-body tuners
No more reasons not to take your axe. Order today.
EG-2 Standard Electric Travel Guitar with Deluxe Gig Bag Specifications:Body
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood:
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: U
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Black walnut
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material 1.63 in. (41.4 mm) Zero fret
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Standard single-coil Alnico
- Bridge: Standard single-coil Alnico
- Brand: Proprietary
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Built-in distortion, headphone jack
- Control layout: Master volume, tone Push/push controls
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split:
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Roller
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Traveler in-body tuner system
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Gig bag
- Country of origin: China
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.