- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Traveler Guitar Speedster Hot Rod Electric Travel Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L44399 000001000 L44399000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Traveler Guitar Speedster Hot Rod is a full 24-¾-inch scale travel guitar featuring a custom Headphone Amplifier with 4 different tones, a dual-r...Click To Read More About This Product
Portability and performance in a compact, modern design.
The Traveler Guitar Speedster Hot Rod is a full 24-¾-inch scale travel guitar featuring a custom Headphone Amplifier with 4 different tones, a dual-rail humbucker and a coil-split switch.
The proprietary In-Body tuning system uses standard tuning machines relocated into the body to create a guitar that has a full-scale neck, yet is substantially shorter than full size electrics. The lack of a headstock and a small, ergonomic body allow the guitar to be 28% shorter and 51% lighter than a full-size electric, all while preserving the same full-scale playing experience you’re used to.
The guitar features active electronics with headphone amplifier built-in, allowing you to practice privately. Plug in headphones or your favorite amp and cycle through clean, boost, overdrive and distortion tones using the custom tap-pot. The dual-rail humbucker has a coil-split switch, which allows for even more sonic versatility by giving you humbucker gain or single coil clean all in one pickup.
In addition, the Speedster Hot Rod's headphone amp is loaded with an aux-in jack so you can play along with your favorite tracks while listening through headphones or your favorite amp. The Upper Arm Support detaches for travel, and the whole package fits neatly inside its included Gig Bag, weighs just 4-pounds and 12-ounces, and stows easily in airline overhead compartments.
- Full 24-3/4" scale, 22-fret electric travel guitar fits in airline overhead bins
- One-piece maple neck and body
- High-output dual-rail humbucker
- Built-in headphone amp with clean, boost, overdrive & distortion
- Removable upper arm support
- Gig bag included
Have fun improving your chops anywhere. Order today.
- Audio output: Standard 1/4 in. jack, 1/8 in. headphone out
- Batteries: 2 x AAA
- Body: Eastern American hard maple
- Body thickness: 1.5 in.
- Body width: 7.5 in. (arm rest removed)
- Construction: Neck-through-body
- Electronics: Active electronics with volume and tone control, 1/8″ aux-in
- Fingerboard: Black walnut
- Finish: Gloss black
- Frets: 22 medium
- Gig bag LxWxH: 30 x 9.5 x 4.5 (in.)
- Hardware: chrome 14:1 gear ratio (closed gear)
- Headphone amp: V2 headphone amp with clean/boost/overdrive/distortion settings
- Instrument input: 1/8 in. aux-in
- Model #: HR BKG
- Neck: Eastern American hard maple
- Neck width at nut: 1.75 in.
- Overall depth: 2 in.
- Overall length: 28 in.
- Pickup(s): Dual-rail humbucker (w/ coil split switch)
- Scale length: 24.75 in
- Strings:: D’Addario EXL110
- Weight: 4 lbs. 12 oz.
- Weight in gig bag: 5 lbs. 7 oz.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.