- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha Revstar RS820CR Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J30112 000002000 J30112000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Designed to race from coffee shop to coffee shop on the streets of London in the '60s, Café Racer bikes were high-performance racers stripped down to...Click To Read More About This Product
Stripped down, rev'd up and ready to rock.
Designed to race from coffee shop to coffee shop on the streets of London in the '60s, Café Racer bikes were high-performance racers stripped down to their bare essentials, but still showcasing the style of their owner. The RS820 captures that spirit of total focus on performance, maintaining Yamaha’s unmistakable attention to detail, for a guitar that can’t be fully appreciated until it’s taken out for a test ride.
Designed from the ground up, Revstar features specially wound YGD pickups that are perfectly matched to each guitar. More than 50 prototype pickups were tested featuring different combinations of wire, windings, magnets and base plates. Eventually, a spec was settled on for each guitar model and the Revstar pickup series was born. This model features VH5 pickups (8.3k (neck)/8.8k (bridge) DCR) with Alnico V magnets, German silver baseplate and heavy formvar wire for bright, powerful, balanced vintage/modern sound
Designed especially for Revstar, Yamaha's proprietary Dry Switch gives you the versatility of a coil split, but with a tone that's miles ahead. Using a passive filter circuit painstakingly designed to give the perfect frequency response, the Dry Switch filters out low frequencies to give the punch and clarity of a single coil pickup minus the inevitable hum and hollow tone often associated with split humbucking pickups. And because it's a filter circuit, the Dry Switch works on both humbuckers and P90s for a totally unique, usable tone.
Inspired by the stripped-down custom Café Racer motorbikes popularized on the streets of London in the 1960s, Revstar's hardware captures the high-performance, individual character of those bikes with a wide range of totally unique, customized hardware. From the unique pickup covers and raw copper scratchplate on the Revstar Professional, to the totally custom floating aluminum tailpiece on the RS502T, each and every component is perfectly calibrated for great performance and unmistakable style—capturing the very essence of a Café Racer.
Inspired by raw power and performance, Revstar's sound is as unique and bold as its aesthetic. Working to evoke a visceral, unbridled power and an individual, organic tone that is made possible only by considering every detail, Yamaha's engineers chose materials carefully and designed custom pickups to make sure Revstar sounds as stunning as it looks.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 13.75"
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: Not specified
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: VH5+ Vintage output humbucker with satin nickel cover
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: VH5+ Vintage output humbucker with satin nickel cover
- Brand: Yamaha
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/pull tone control, Dry switch
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Tonepros AVT-II
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Gig bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Take the stage with your new Revstar. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.