- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Akai Professional MPD26 Performance Pad Controller
- Product 584552
The Akai MPD26 Performance Pad Controller sends MIDI over USB from its 16 genuine MPC pads. The Performance Pad is perfect for producers, programmers...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 855-272-1087.Customers Also Viewed:
Brings Akai's classic beat-making to the world of computer music production.
The Akai MPD26 Performance Pad Controller sends MIDI over USB from its 16 genuine MPC pads. The Performance Pad is perfect for producers, programmers, musicians, and DJs. Its blend of intuitive MPC controls and technologies meshes with easy USB connectivity to bring the feel of classic beat making to the world of computer-based music production.
The heart of the Akai MPD26 is its bank of 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive MPC pads, an Akai Professional exclusive. You can access 4 different sounds from each of the MPC pads for a total of 64 sounds at your fingertips. The MPD26 also features the MPC series' assignable Q-Link controllers, enabling you to control nearly any parameters in your software in real time. You get six assignable Q-Link faders and six assignable Q-Link 360º knobs, so you'll spend less time with the mouse and more time making music. The Akai MPD26 also gives you a dedicated set of transport controls for instant access to the most commonly used Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) or sequencing-software controls.
While the Akai MPC pads and Q-Links might be the heart of the MPD26, its brain is transplanted directly from the Music Production Controller. That's because the MPD26 is not just a MIDI control surface; it contains some of the key MPC technologies that have made the MPC the industry standard it is. MPC Note Repeat is a capability that enables the MPD to automatically play a rhythm pattern, such as 16th notes on a hi-hat, for accuracy and speed of entry. MPC Swing is sometimes referred to as "the heart and soul of hip hop" because it turns perfectly aligned sequences into human-feeling time alignments. You can specify exactly the degree and timing of swing you want to apply for the perfect feel. The Akai MPD26 also has MPC Full Level and MPC 16-Level on its pads.
The Akai MPD26 sends MIDI information over its plug-and-play USB interface so you can use it with your Mac or PC without installing any drivers. The USB connection even powers the MPD26 so the included USB cable is all you need. The MPD26 also has traditional DIN MIDI input and output jacks so you can use it with MIDI hardware such as synths and other sound modules. The Akai MPD26 comes with Ableton Live Lite and Editor Librarian software so you can start creating immediately.
Includes MPD26, USB cable, software CD, and quick start guide.
- 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive genuine MPC pads
- Access four different sounds from each of the MPC pads for a total of 64 at your fingertips
- Six assignable Q-Link faders and six assignable Q-Link 360 knobs allow you to control nearly any parameters in your software in real time
- Dedicated set of transport controls for instant access to the most commonly used Digital Audio Workstation or sequencing-software controls
- MPC Note Repeat
- MPC Swing
- MPC Full Level and MPC 16-Level on the pads
- Plug-and-play USB interface allows you to use it with your Mac or PC without installing any drivers
- USB powered
- Traditional DIN MIDI input and output jacks
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite and Editor Librarian software
- Includes MPD26, USB cable, software CD, and quick start guide.
The gap between the music in your mind and the music on your computer has never been so thin. Order today.
- Pads: 16 pressure and velocity sensitive
- Pad banks: 4
- Q-Link Faders: 6 - MIDI Control Change data
- Q-Link Knobs: 6, 360 pots
- LCD: blue, backlit
- Transport controls: Rew, FF, Stop, Play, Rec ” MMC/MIDI Machine Control or MIDI
- I/O: USB, MIDI In, MIDI Out
- Power: USB bus powered or MP6-1 AC adapter for DIN MIDI, sold separately