- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 Special Edition
- Write a Review
- Product 702881
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The year 2008 marks 30 years of Dave Smith-designed synthesizers. To celebrate, Dave Smith Instruments is offering the Prophet '08 Special Edition. I...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A special-edition Prophet sure to be a collectors item!
The year 2008 marks 30 years of Dave Smith-designed synthesizers. To celebrate, Dave Smith Instruments is offering the Prophet '08 Special Edition. In addition to the standard Prophet '08 features, the Special Edition Synthesizer includes red lighted wheels, exotic leopard wood end panels, and a special commemorative overlay signed by Dave. It also includes editor/librarian software and the "Dave Smith: Synthesizer Pioneer" DVD.
- Red, lighted pitch and mod wheels.
- Leopardwood end panels.
- Each Prophet '08 Special Edition signed by Dave.
- Two analog oscillators per voice.
- Classic Curtis analog low-pass filters.
- Extensive modulation routing capabilities.
- Four-on-four splits and layers with separate stereo outputs for each layer.
- Arpeggiator, gated 16 x 4 step sequencer, and LFOs all syncable.
- Includes the Soundtower editor/librarian for Mac OS X and Windows
- 5-octave keyboard with semi-weighted action, velocity, and aftertouch.
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
- 256 fully editable Programs (2 banks of 128) with 2 Layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program.
- 16 x 4 gated step sequencer
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync.
- White noise generator
- 1 Analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode).
- 3 Envelope Generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop.
- 4 LFOs
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator.
- Analog VCAs
- Ins and Outs:
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4" stereo phone jack.
- Includes power supply for 110V ” 240V AC operation (13-15 VDC, 400 mA), Soundtower editor/librarian software for Windows and Mac OS X, "Dave Smith: Synthesizer Pioneer" DVD, and operation manual.