- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2 Synthesizer Module
- Write a Review
- Product K45682
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The desktop module version of the Prophet Rev2 analog synthesizer features two DCOs per voice, Curtis filters along with digital effects, two types o...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Powerful desktop synthesizer.
The desktop module version of the Prophet Rev2 analog synthesizer features two DCOs per voice, Curtis filters along with digital effects, two types of sequencers, and other enhancements that make it even more powerful than its predecessor, the Prophet ’08.
The Prophet Rev2’s sound comes from two DCOs per voice with four waveshapes (sawtooth, triangle, sawtooth + triangle, and pulse), a sub-octave generator and a 2/4 pole low-pass, resonant Curtis filter per voice. These are the same filters used in the Prophet ’08, and also in many classic instruments of the ’70s and ’80s.
A new feature unique to the Prophet Rev2 is waveshape modulation. You can vary the “pulse width” of any of the four waveforms by manually dialing in a desired waveshape width or by using an LFO or other modulation source for continuously shifting timbre.
An effects section provides reverb, delays (standard and BBD), chorus, phase shifter, ring modulation and distortion, and iIn stacked or split voice mode, you can apply a different effect to each layer. Effects parameters can be modulated through the mod matrix, which is twice as extensive as its predecessor, with 8 individual slots and many more sources/destinations.
The new polyphonic step sequencer allows up to 64 steps and up to 6 notes per step. A different sequence can be created for each layer when working in stacked or split voice mode. The sequencer also functions as a modulation source, allowing you to create up to 4 different 16-step sequences for complex modulation. Sequences allow ties and rests, and can sync to an external MIDI clock.
The arpeggiator features note repeats, re-latching, and can be synced to external MIDI clock, as well. Other improvments include a premium-quality, ve-octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch, an integrated power supply, USB support, and a crisp OLED display.
- 16-Voice polyphony
- Bold, punchy sound
- Waveshape modulation
- Effects section
- Extended Mod Matrix
- Poly step sequencing
- Per-Knob programmability
Analog power with excellent build quality and design innovation.
- 2 DCOs per voice (plus sub octave on oscillator 1) with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation)
- Glide: separate rates per oscillator
- White noise generator
- Analog VCAs
- Hard sync
- 1 analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice
- Selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode)
- 3 envelope generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay)
- Envelope 3 can loop.
- Polyphonic step sequencer with up to 64 steps (6 notes per step), and ties and rests
- Separate 16 x 4 gated step sequencer. Each layer can have a separate sequence
- 4 LFO’s with key sync per LFO
- 8-slot modulation matrix
- 22 sources
- 53 destinations
- 5 additional dedicated sources: mod wheel, pressure, velocity, breath controller, footswitch
- Programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Selectable note value: 16th note, 8th note triplet, 8th note, dotted 8th note, quarter note
- One, two, or three octave range
- Re-latching arpeggiation
- Note repeat
- 5-octave keyboard with semi-weighted action, velocity, and aftertouch
- 55 knobs and 35 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
- 512 Factory Programs (4 banks of 128) and 512 fully editable User Programs with 2 layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program
- MIDI In, Out, Thru
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4 in. unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4 in. unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages)
- Headphone output: 1/4 in. stereo phone jack
- IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100 and 240 volts at 50 to 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 22 watts maximum (17 watts for 8-voice configuration; 22 watts for 16-voice configuration)
- Oiled African mahogany wood end panels
- Dimensions: 12.70 x 35.12 x 3.80 in.
- Weight: 20.5 lbs. (9.3 kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.