- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hammond SK1-88 88-Key Digital Stage Keyboard and Organ with Keyboard Accessory Pack
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J21292 000000000 J21292000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The dilemma in designing a keyboard with both faithful and accurate Hammond Organ and Grand Piano voices lies in the keyboard itself. It seems destin...Click To Read More About This Product
Top quality performance keyboard with nice-to-have extras.
The dilemma in designing a keyboard with both faithful and accurate Hammond Organ and Grand Piano voices lies in the keyboard itself. It seems destined for compromise-should it be organ-like, or weighted? Hammond has the answer in the unique keyboard 88-note Fatar keyboard on the Sk1-88, which is light enough for an organist's comfort, yet has the "heft" to satisfy any piano player. The Sk1-88 also automatically adjusts the "depth" of key contact making all playing comfortable. The keys are also shaped to allow traditional Hammond "moves" like sweep and glissando. Now the pianist who always wanted to play Hammond can do so in comfort, and vice-versa for the organist.
Digital Tonewheel Generator
Laurens Hammond's original organ (invented in 1935) had an intricate electro-mechanical mechanism that used 96 quarter-sized wheels spinning on driveshafts powered by his patented synchronous motor. The wheels were notched according to pitch, and an electromagnetic pickup (much like that on an electric guitar) sensed those notches and rendered a musical note. The drawbars combined those harmonic tones to produce the inimitable Hammond organ sound. For a more detailed desciption of the SK1-88, please see #J09924.
- SK1-88 Hammond Organ
- Specially designed backpack
- Hammond EXP20 Expression pedal
- Matched pair of Road Warrior instrument cables
- Limited edition Hammond baseball cap
Order soon for a special deal on a special keyboard with many handy extras.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.