Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
MP11 Professional Stage Pianofalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
A pro piano with more under the hood.
Stunning acoustic pianos, cherished vintage EPs, and inspiring subsidiary voices - the three essential sound categories, organized as independent sections. The MP11 features more sample memory than any previous Kawai instrument, with a brand new digital signal processor providing the most realistic reverbs, resonances, and effects heard in a stage board.
The MP11's onboard sounds are organised into three independent sections: PIANO, E.PIANO, and SUB. Each sound section features a hardware volume fader, effects and reverb controls, and four distinctive voice categories, with tonal variations for each type.
Separating the core sounds in this way allows each section to be played and adjusted freely, almost as if it was a self-contained instrument. This unique approach simplifies the creation of layers, splits, and key ranges, while preventing effects and other settings applied to one section from accidentally influencing another.
The PIANO section showcases a variety of Concert, Studio, Jazz, Modern, and Pop grand piano sounds that are suitable for a wide range of musical periods and styles. A traditional upright is also provided for songs that evoke a feeling of nostalgia, or simply call for a slightly more intimate tonal character. And for playing in a live band setting, additional mono piano sounds ensure that the MP11 will cut through even the heaviest of mixes.
THE SOUND OF A GRAND PIANO
The Kawai EX concert grand piano is widely regarded by professional pianists and piano technicians as one of the finest instruments within its class. Hand-built by Master Piano Artisans at the Shigeru Kawai Piano Research Laboratory in Ryuyo, Japan, each EX instrument undergoes a meticulous regulation and refinement process within a specially designed anechoic chamber.
Following this lengthy crafting period, the completed EX concert grand piano receives a final series of rigorous quality inspections, before eventually taking centre stage in the world's most prestigious musical institutions and concert halls.
With expanded sound memory, the MP11 boasts the largest sample size of any Kawai digital piano . This ˜eXtra Long' standard of Harmonic Imaging technology extends the important attack portion of piano sounds by up to 120%, articulating the natural detail and resonance characteristics of each note more clearly, and improving the instrument's organic tonal quality overall.
Complementing the MP11's stunning acoustic pianos and vintage EPs, the SUB section contains additional ˜bread and butter' sounds that add depth to the performance. Premium quality strings and soothing pads are ideally suited for layering, while the rich electric and acoustic bass sounds are perfect for left-hand splits. Finally, a choice selection of harpsichord and mallet voices complete the line-up, for those occasions that require a specific sound.
Expanded sound memory allows the MP11 to deliver the finest multi-layered, 88-key, extra-long samples available in any stage piano. However when combined with the instrument's brand new audio processor, sonic realism is elevated to another level. This advanced hardware is responsible for enriching the core sounds with subtle resonances that enhance playing authenticity, and reverbs that build depth and character.
The MP11's effects system has also been completely rewritten in order to take full advantage of this additional processing power. While most stage pianos offer a handful of effects and limited control, the MP provides over 100 effects (sorted by category), with a wide range of tweakable parameters. Effects can be applied to each sound section independently, with EPs afforded two separate effects blocks for greater flexibility.
Classic amp simulations
The tonal character of an amplifier or speaker cabinet is an important component of any vintage electrical instrument. The MP11 therefore includes an amp simulator within the E.PIANO section, helping to fatten the sound with nostalgic analogue warmth.
In addition to the five distinctive speaker cabinet types, the MP11's also provides extensive control over the amplifier's drive and volume levels, in addition to dedicated frequency and tone adjustments. It's even possible to select the kind of microphone used to mic the amp, along with axis positioning and ambiance levels. For vintage keyboard enthusiasts, the MP11's infinitely tweakable amp sim is icing on the EP cake.
- Grand Feel (GF) wooden-key action with Let-off, Triple Sensors and Ivory-touch surfaces
- Harmonic Imaging XL with 88-key piano sampling
- 40 Voices, including 12 Concert, Jazz and Pop Grand
- Piano sounds
- Vintage E. Piano sounds with amp simulations
- 6 Reverbs and 129 Effects, all customizable
- Virtual Technician - customize virtually every element
- of the piano
- 208 User Memories
- USB Recorder - MP3 and WAV audio plus MIDI
- Triple Pedal Assembly included - Damper, Sostenuto
- and Soft
- Sustain pedal sold separately
Order today and find out what piano manufacturing expertise can do when applied to a portable stage instrument.
MP11 Professional Stage Piano Specifications:
- Keyboard: 88 weighted keys with Ivory Touch key surfaces
- Action: Grand Feel (GF) with Let-off
- Sound Source: Harmonic Imaging XL (HI-LX), 88-key sampling
- No. of Sounds: 40 Voices (Piano x 12, E.Piano x 12, Sub x 16)
- Polyphony: Max 256 notes
- Keyboard Modes: Full Keyboard, Upper Split, Lower Split, Zone (adjustable split point / zone range)
- Sections: INTERNAL: Piano, E.Piano, Sub
- EXTERNAL: MIDI (Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 3, Zone 4
- Reverb: TYPES: 6 Types (Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral)
- PARAMETERS: PreDelay, Reverb Time, Reverb Depth
- Effects: TYPES: 129 Types (23 categories)
- PARAMETERS:Up to 10 parameters, depending on effect type
- Amp Simulator
- (E.Piano Only): TYPES: 5 Types ( S. Case, M. Stack, J.Combo, F. Bass, L. Cabi)
- PARAMETERS: Drive, Level, Amp EQ Mid, Amp EQ Hi, Mid Frequency, Mic type, Mic position, Ambience
- Virtual Technician: TOUCH CURVE: 6 Types (Light+, Light, Normal, Heavy, Heavy+, Off), User 1 5
- Piano - Voicing, Stereo Width, String Resonance, Damper Resonance, Key-off Effect, Damper Noise, Hammer Delay, Fall-back Noise, Topboard, Brilliance
- E.Piano / Sub - Key-off Noise, Key-off Delay
- TEMPERAMENT & TUNING: 7 Types (Equal, Pure Major / Minor, Pythagorean, Meantone, Werkmeister, Kirnberger), User 1 2, Fine Tune, Stretch Tuning, Key of Temperament
- EQ: 4-Band Equalizer (Low Gain, Mid1 Gain, Mid1 Q, Mid1 Freq., Mid2 Gain, Mid2 Q, Mid2 Freq., High Gain)
- Recorder: INTERNAL: 10 Songs - approximately 90,000 note memory capacity - Transpose songs, Convert Song to Audio, Load SMF, Save SMF AUDIO: Play MP3, WAV, Save MP3 /WAV, Overdub, Record Gain
- > CLICK: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 7/8,
- 9/8, 12/8
- RHYTHM: 100 Drum Patterns
- Internal Memories: SOUND: 40 Memories
- SETUP: 208 Memories (8 memories x 26 banks)
- POWERON: 1 Memory
- USB Functions: SAVE / LOAD: One Sound, One Setup, SMF, All Sound, All Setup, All Backup
- OTHERS: Delete, Rename, Format
- Edit Menu: SOUND SECTIONS: 92 Parameters (Reverb, EFX / AMP, Sound, Tuning, Key Setup, Controllers, Knob Assign, Virtual Tech.)
- MIDI ZONES: 62 Parameters (Channel / Program, SETUP, Transmit, MMC, Key Setup, Controllers, Knob Assign)
- System Menu: 50 Parameters and Functions (Utility, Pedal, MIDI, Offset, User Edit, Reset)
- Display: 128 x 64 pixel LCD with backlight
- Panel Controls: Volume, Line In, PIANO Volume, E.PIANO Volume, SUB Volume, Control Knobs A D (assignable), Pitch Bend, Modulation
- Jacks: OUTPUT: 1/4" Line Out (L/MONO, R), XLR Out (L,R) with Ground Lift Switch, Headphones
- INPUT: 1/4" Line In
- MIDI & USB: MIDI In, MIDI Out, MIDI Thru, USB to Host, USB to Device
- FOOT CONTROL: Damper / Soft,
- Soft (for F-30), EXP
- POWER: AC In
- Power Consumption: 20 W
- Dimensions: 54 1/3" (W) x 18" (D) x 7 ¼" (H)
- Weight: 71.5 lbs (32.5 kg)
- Included Accessories:
- F-30 Triple Pedal Unit (with half-damper support), Music Rack, Power Cable,
- Owner's Manual
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.