- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Keith McMillen Instruments 12 Step Chromatic Keyboard Foot Controller
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H81403 000000000 H81403000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In a world that's gone digital, which is especially prevalent in today's recording environments, there's always room for innovations, and the 12 Step...Click To Read More About This Product
Free up your hands on stage, and still play keys like a pro.
In a world that's gone digital, which is especially prevalent in today's recording environments, there's always room for innovations, and the 12 Step Controller from Keith McMillen is a prime example of just that. The 12 Step is a chromatic keyboard foot controller that uniquely sends MIDI via USB or MIDI interface to your computer allowing you to control your favorite soft synth, MIDI keyboards, and MIDI sound modules simply by using your feet. Each key is velocity and pressure sensitive and can store up to 5 notes for impressive chord designs that can be triggered quickly, and without ever laying a finger on the keys. Each 12 Step key can use the tilt control and pressure of your foot to control parameter such as pitch bend, polyphonic, aftertouch, or any MIDI CC value that can easily be assigned with the included software editor, which lets you create user defined presets for future performances. The 12 Step also incorporates visual cues via corresponding LEDs next to each key, that will help to keep track of the 59 factory, and up to 128 user-made presets that are available. Keith McMillen Instrument is no stranger to inventive pro audio designs, and the 12 Step Controller is proof of that.
- 12 Velocity sensitive, touch response keys
- Play up to 5 notes per key
- Rugged and durable carbon fiber construction
- Expressive poly aftertouch, and pitch bend
- Small and lightweight design makes for easy transport
Look Mom, no hands! Order the 12 Step today, and add next level control to your show.
- System Requirements:
- For Mac: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.3GHz or greater; Mac OS 10.5 or later; 50 MB free hard disk space.
- For Windows: Windows XP or Windows 7; 1 GB of RAM; 50 MB free hard disk space.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 17-1/5" x 3/4" x 4"
- Weight: 1 lb
- In the Box:
- 12 Step Controller
- 12 Step Protective Sleeve
- USB A-to-B cable (15')
- 1/8" To 1/4" expression pedal adapter
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.